TWENTY-NINE

-----------

-----------

SOOKIE SAT NEXT TO AMY AS THE TWO GIRLS WATCHED HUGO HAVE A BREAKDOWN. He was shaking the bars angrily as he yelled his need to use the bathroom. "Do you think he's loosing his sanity?" Amy whispered to Sookie quietly as Hugo seemed to have sweated his whole water out.

"I mean, he is afraid of small spaces, so I don't know," Sookie whispered back so Amy giggled and turned back to stare at the man. "We'll get out of here. As soon as the sun sets, Bill will come here with twice as big of an army as he can get."

Amy frowned at the idea. "Yes, it's all well for you since not only Bill has your back, Eric does too," she whispered as Sookie glanced at her in annoyance. Sookie knew Amy had to stop letting herself be lower than what she really was.

"It was your plan. And once we find Godric here, you can take full credit," Sookie then rolled her eyes at Hugo's yells and grabbed an empty water bottle before standing up and handing it to him. "Here. We'll turn our backs."

"I don't need that," he slapped it out of Sookie's hands and looked down, stressed and anxious. "I need to get the hell out of here!"

"Hugo, this is not helping. Just sit down," she then grabbed onto his arm. "Try to relax."

Amy saw Sookie pause as Hugo tried to shake his arm out of her hold but then the blond gasped and turned to Amy. "It's him. He's the traitor."

Amy felt a big wave of disappointment as she stared at Hugo's wide eyes as if he knew what to come next would be horrible to him.

Hugo then seemed to calm down as he sat down near Amy but Sookie rose her friend up and took her to the other side of the basement where the two friends sat next to each other.

Sookie held onto Amy's hands as Hugo watched them calmly. Amy knew he wouldn't attack first. "I used to be just like you. Thought I was a real emancipated thinker, especially when Isabel took me to bed, and the sex was... amazing," Hugo explained with a smile as Amy pursed her lips. She didn't want to judge until he would tell his reasons. "The best I ev... well, you know. It's addictive, isn't it? To be desired by something that powerful."

"I'm no addict," Sookie exclaimed in an annoyed facial expression as Amy thought about how often she found herself going back to Eric, even if he was mean to her.

Hugo then eyed Amy mysteriously as he saw her lost in her own thoughts. He saw Eric's and her interaction and knew how she must have felt. "Nah. I guess you wouldn't know how your life changes to suit them," Hugo spoke calmly and Amy could understand where he was coming from. "You start missin' work, can't get up in the morning, can't stand to leave them after dark. Before you know it, you're somebody you don't even recognize."