THIRTY-EIGHT

-----------

-----------

FLYING FELT INCREDIBLE. Amy felt like Superman when they landed easily and only then the rush of her hair flying around in the cold wind and Eric's arms wrapped around her ended.

Eric slowly let go of her but didn't walk far away, knowing that Amy must have been dizzy. He watched her with worried eyes as Amy found a nearby tree and rested her hand against it. She continued to breathe in and out as Eric waited patiently. "Everyone usually pukes after flying so don't stop yourself," he told her gently but then Amy turned around and stood straight with a big grin.

"That was... awesome!" she exclaimed so a smirk appeared on his face. For some reason, he was satisfied she liked his power of flying and it made him feel worthy of something.

Amy began to fix her hair as they approached the Queen's mansion as Eric talked to her guards. She noticed how messy his hair looked as the guards let them walk in after getting the Queen's permission. "Wow, this house is beautiful," Amy mused as she limped besides him. Eric had informed her they were meeting Queen Sophie-Anne so Amy felt underdressed.

The mansion looked similar to ancient Greek style house, water surrounding them. "She must be rich," Amy mused while looking up at Eric, whose face held mystery and dissatisfaction. "Wait a minute..."

Amy then stopped causing him to stop in front of her. "She's inside? Shouldn't we have brought her a gift?" Amy asked innocently as Eric shrugged his shoulders. "Like cookies or whatever the Queen likes to be gifted."

Eric then smiled teasingly. "She's a vampire."

"And I don't like going empty handed," Amy grumbled back as she then frowned in annoyance and glanced up at him. "Wait, are you taking me as a gift to her?"

Eric quickly shook his head. "No."

A small smile appeared on Amy's lips as Eric stared at her fondly. She looked beautiful in the light of the moon. "You better don't or I will be mad," she then teased as they continued to stand in front of each other.

"I couldn't leave you alone because I know you'd just rush off to Bon Temps," he then explained as if he knew her every decision. Amy knew he wasn't wrong. "You have to just trust me."

Amy nodded right away, which made Eric relieved. "I do trust you."

"Good," he smiled and continued to watch her as Amy noticed his disheveled hair from flying.

"Lean down for me."

Eric liked the suggestion but he also knew she didn't mean it. "What for?" he smirked mischievously so Amy grabbed his shoulder for support and tip-toed to fix his blond hair.