14~Jjang Jjang and Boong Boong

It took all my might not to shift in the pantry as it was barely big enough for me.

Through the pantry door I could hear a muffled conversation. The voices were deep compared to Jimin's more higher, musical voice.

All I knew for certain were these newcomers were not Bangtan, and thus, I couldn't trust them.

I stiffened as I heard the voices draw closer and now words could be made out.

"... nothing too serious," one of the deep, unknowing voices said. "Just wanting to ensure you folks aren't involved in anything that could threaten Itzborough society."

I barely dared to breathe. Demons had acute hearing, so what about their other senses? What if they could smell me?

"Do you smell that?" a different, more raspy sounding voice asked.

Oh good grief why did I have to think the question to myself?

"Smell what?" Now Jimin asked smoothly though was it just my imagination or was his voice a quarter an octave higher than usual?

"That... oh, were you cooking Jimin? That's what I must have smelled."

I let out the softest breath of air in relief. I'd almost forgotten all about making eggs earlier before the 'reproduction' shenanigan.

"Er, yeah of course. It's a little after midnight anyways and I was preparing some lunch you know?" I sensed the slightest trace of relief in his voice as well.

"I thought Jin said you couldn't cook."

"When did hyung tell you that?" Now offense entered Jimin's voice as if he hadn't just made a potato-egg-mayo catastrophe just an hour ago.

"We met in the bar a few week ago. Remember that, Boong Boong? You were with me."

"You're right JJang Jjang!" the second voice, I guess his name was Boong Boong, recalled almost cheerfully. "He told us how you set the oven itself on fire when you were trying to make waffles and syrup."

Waffles and syrup? What the heck were those doing in the oven??

"Yeah well..." Jimin began to squeak in protest.

"Anyways," the first demon, Jjang Jjang, cleared his throat, quickly getting back to the professional side. "Boong Boong, you begin searching the upstairs. Jimin, you come with me as we begin investigating the living room."

A little shudder ran down my spine.

"Of course," Jimin's voice had returned to a more collected, calmer tone. "I assure you that Bangtan are certainly not up to any suspicious activity."

"I honestly don't believe you folks are," Jjang Jjang sighed. "But you know the Elders. They're all skeptic old demons from the very beginning of the Mad King's War and with all the events taking place..."

"I know full well the horrors that took place during the Mad King's War," Jimin cut in softly, deadly.

Anyone anywhere could probably sense the awkward atmosphere.

"Of course, sorry for, uh, my inconsideration," now Boong Boong cleared his throat. "Anyways, the Elders dislikes kids like Taehyung and Jungkook who are always up to some sort of mischief or another. Try not to take it personal."

"No worries," Jimin's voice remained quiet.

"We just have to show we've done a thorough investigation and then we'll be on our way," Jjang Jjang's voice was beginning to fade as he drifted away from the kitchen.