20~Kiss and Make Up

[A/N:] Viewer discretion, some depictions of violence ahead.

☽✧        ✧☾

The chaotic world around us came crashing back into my ears as a loud bellow shook the very walls of the room we were in. Something heavy crashed up against the door, forming a fine crack down the wooden exit followed by loud sniffing.

The blue-haired demon was on his feet in a flash, yanking me up with him. "How the hellhounds did it get past the others?" he whispered under his breath.

"So demons can shapeshift?" I stammered as a loud impact of clashing bodies could be heard outside the door signaling something had barreled into the intruder.

The snarls that followed further solidified my suspicion that one of the Bangtan Boys had managed to tackle the enemy.

"No, it's our Familiars," Jimin's voice sounded thin with tension. "Our Familiars are... tucked away in a small pocket of this dimension at all times. And the way we summon them is if we taste blood."

I shuddered as I recalled the demon morphing into the indigo monster.

"That's why we're vegetarians," Jimin shot me a quick look. "We can't risk tasting blood. Even a single drop of blood is enough to release our Familiars, and it's very hard to come back to our normal selves."

Another loud thump slammed against the door and the crack widened.  A sudden loud shriek ripped through the air and Jimin's eyes flashed for a second.

"Oh my Hades, that was Hoseok..."

The door was now on the verge of buckling and exploding into a shower of wood as very large bodies right behind the door continued to pound against the walls in a storm of growls and screeches.

"There's no other way," Jimin murmured under his breath.

"What?" I didn't like the resignation in Jimin's voice.

"Y/N, listen closely," Jimin whipped around and gripped my shoulders. "You need to get out of the house and just start running, you hear?"

"Wait, but what about you?" I gasped.

Jimin took in a quick, shuddering breath. "I have to fight, too. I can't just stand around while all my brothers are in there Familiar forms. I'll pave a way for you to get out. But because you don't have the Mark, my Familiar might easily mistake you as another enemy."

Jimin flicked his wrist to quickly expose the silvery tattoo. So that was the Mark: a symbol among the Bangtan Boys when they became Familiars that told them they were all on the same team.

"But... but what about the whole 'I'm right here to protect you'?" I asked weakly before flushing at my own whimpering words. "I mean, I can also grab a chair and, or, a shoe I don't know cause if I really need to I can whoop some ass with a shoe or..." I forced myself to shut up before further embarrassing myself.

For a split second Jimin just stared at me. In that second I took in how low set his dark brows were, only intensifying his facial expression. This close I could see little imperfections in his skin, little scars, that made his face all the more perfect.

Then he pursed his lips, eyes darkening with heat before he roughly yanked on my wrist so my body collided with his. In a flash he bent down and all but smashed his mouth on mine.

Yeah, forget about dying in the paws of the bear.

I just died in the arms of my blue-haired babysitting demon.

His mouth was hot and the kiss itself was filled with almost feverish energy as he made quick work with his lips on mine. His free hand darted up to angle my jaw to the side as he took my lower lip in full and suckled a little.