27~ Moonchild

"What do you call a cow with no legs?"

...

"Ground beef."

Hoseok and I entered the house just in time to see Jungkook and Jimin spit water out all over the counter as Jin let loose his infamous window wiper laugh.

Taehyung's face was turning a concerning shade of purple as he pursed his lips to keep from following Jimin's and Jungkook's suit.

All three of them had their backs turned to Hoseok and I, and Jin hadn't even noticed our presence yet.

"Here, let me try again," Jungkook sputtered, trying to catch his breath and reaching for the glass of water in front of him.

Jin cleared his throat as Jungkook's cheeks puffed out with water in preparation.

"Here's another joke: I once ran into a mirror- YAH! I didn't even finish the actual joke!" Jin yelped as both Jungkook and Taehyung spewed their waters all over Jin.

"That was the best joke I've ever heard Jin hyung," Jungkook howled.

"Jin hyung running into a mirror?" Taehyung wheezed out between laughs. "He'd be too busy staring at his reflection to do that!"

Jin now had a fixed scowl on his face as the three maknaes before him cracked up. "You missed the point entirely," he grumbled, wiping off some water off his face. His eyes finally landed on Hoseok and I standing in the doorway. "Oh, you guys are back."

Immediately Taehyung, Jungkook, and Jimin wheeled around from the water-covered counter to look behind them.

The smile on Jimin's face disappeared in a flash as Taehyung and Jungkook exchanged glances.

I held my breath for any reaction but only an eerie blankness greeted me from the boys. Hoseok had claimed to have cast a simple spell on my hair to hide the purple streak for the time being. It looked like it was working, good.

"You guys are up early," Hoseok remarked, glancing out the window where the sun was just beginning to set. "Anyways, does anyone know where Yoongi hyung is?"

"He left the moment Jin began his dad joke spree," Jungkook piped up.

"Of course he did," Hoseok mumbled under his breath.

"He was especially pissed when Jin threatened him with a lamp telling him to brighten up," Taehyung added.

Hoseok facepalmed himself. "Of course he was."

"Hey, the whole point of telling my jokes was to lighten the mood," Jin said defensively. "It was getting too dreary in here for good health."

"Y/N are you bleeding?" Jungkook's eyes widened and Jimin stiffened next to him.

I felt my face flush a little as in unison all four demons peered down at the dark stain on my shirt (that was technically Jimin's as I'd been borrowing from him since my arrival here).

Jin went as far as to hop halfway up the counter too get a better look. "What happened? Hoseok is it serious?"

"If it was serious do you think I'd be standing here watching the maknaes spit water on you?" Hoseok replied drily, almost with a Yoongi attitude.

"Screw you, you could've just said no," Taehyung scowled a little, quickly wiping off a lingering droplet of water off his cheek.

"Anyways, Y/N follow me let's get you a bandage," Hoseok motioned me to follow him.

"You still haven't told us what happened," Jimin piped up.

Just his voice was enough to send my blood rushing a little. You're still pissed at him, that's all, I told myself.