18~Combusted Into a Toadstool

Jin had made a delicious noodle dish and we all congregated in the living room to eat together. Namjoon had left briefly once to see if Jimin would come down, but the blue-hair never made an appearance.

Soon it was morning and time for bed as everyone got up and began shuffling around, changing into their pajamas.

I worried my bottom lip as not a trace of Jimin could be found.

Yoongi in a lion onesie waddled across the room, his usual night cap slung over one shoulder and carrying a glass of water to bed.

I took a deep breath and intercepted the man on his trek to his bedroom. "Hey, um, Yoongi?"

The purple-hair man halted and only gazed at me with an unreadable expression.

"I'm just really concerned for Jimin," I began, twisting my shirt in my hands.

Yoongi yawned a little. "He'll come over it. Just leave him alone for a bit," he replied gruffly before beginning to shuffle around me.

Something in the back of my mind tickled as Yoongi began walking past me.

"When I first came here Yoongi, the other members mentioned there was one of them that had travelled to earth before," the words spilled from my mouth. "That member was you, isn't it?"

Yoongi seemed to hesitate for the barest seconds before giving one curt nod. Those mesmerizing violet eyes scanned me quickly. "What about it?" He asked almost warily, as if slightly nervous.

"So that must mean there's a way for me to get back to earth that way, right?"

"Oh," Yoongi exhaled and his eyes flickered upward, as if disappointed.

But why would he be disappointed? Was he expecting me to say something else?

"I traverse from earth to Itzborough on very rare occasions," the purple-haired demon explained briskly. "It takes massive amounts of combined magic to let me remain on earth for just a week. And then I always have to come back. We hope to send you to Earth permanently."

"Is there a secret doorway or something?" I leaned forward.

Yoongi shot me a dry look. "This is Itzborough, Y/N, not Narnia."

I pressed my lips together at the man's sharp tone. I had barely had any interaction with Yoongi ever since my arrival. In fact, when I thought about it, had I really had an actual conversation with him since my first time arriving here?

"Namjoon and Jin hyung have to combine their powers to make a portal," Yoongi's voice brought me back to the present. "Only whites, silvers, and grays can create portals and the longer span of time, the more powers it takes."

"Namjoon and Jin can create portals?" I gasped a little.

Yoongi nodded, now beginning to tug on his nightcap. "Just remember your place Y/N. Remember where you are. A single slip of ignorance on your part could mean instant death. And no one wants that."

I didn't reply and only watched Yoongi pad away into his room. I couldn't decide whether Yoongi's words held a threat, or if he was genuinely cautioning me for my safety.

Namjoon and Hoseok had made the couch into a bed once again and I thanked them warmly right before everyone went into their respective bedrooms and closed the doors.

I snuggled into the couch blankets and pillows and watched through half-lidded eyes as golden rays of sun peeked through the window.

For once my stomach felt full from Jin's cooking (which was absolutely amazing and probably would impress even infamous Gordon Ramsay).