CHAPTER 48

Bennedetti watched Brian leaving Runway Thirty-eight with his arm around Tina DeSouza. He glanced at his watch. It was one forty-five. He removed a wad of bills from his right pants pocket, stripped off a fifty and dropped it on the table. He raced to the parking lot and climbed into his 1990 black Dodge Caravan. He drove directly to the building containing his newly rented office space. He took the elevator to the third floor. After fumbling with the keys in near darkness, he finally succeeded in unlocking the door, then hurried to the window facing Tina's apartment. "Damn!" he shouted when he saw no lights on in the apartment. He unfolded his aluminum deck chair and sat to wait, his Exquisito Cuban cigar his only company.

He bolted upright when he saw a light in one of the windows of Tina's apartment. Through the eyepiece of his telescope he saw Brian walking from the bedroom toward the washroom. He smiled. "Just goin' for a whiz, Brian, baby? I want you to get real busy when you get back," he said aloud.

His hopes were quickly dashed when Brian returned to the bedroom less than two minutes later and turned off the light beside his bed. "Too much booze tonight? Maybe you should sleep it off, then wake up, horny as hell." He relaxed in his chair, blowing smoke rings into the darkness.

Bennedetti was awakened at six by the shrill beeping sound of a garbage truck moving in reverse. He looked through his Celestron Omni ZLT telescope. "Wakey, wakey," he said when he saw Tina and Brian still asleep. With the approach of daylight, he could no longer rely on the lights in Tina's apartment to signal him. Now he would have to monitor the telescope almost constantly.

His patience was soon rewarded. Activity began thirty minutes later when Tina moved closer to Brian and kissed his forehead.

Bennedetti smiled and whistled. "Come on Brian, baby! Wake up!" he shouted. His smile broadened when he saw Brian respond to Tina's kiss by wrapping his arms around her and pulling her down on top of him. "Okay kids, it's show time!" he urged, turning to his Nikon and zooming in on the happy couple.

Benedetti's photo-op improved as Tina, naked, hurled the covers from the bed. She stood and straddled Brian's head with her feet. Benedetti cheered while he watched her perform her exotic routine, utilizing the entire surface of the bed. The session culminated in a wild, passionate scene wherein Bennedetti's subjects satisfied each other in a bewildering variety of exciting and provocative positions.

         Long before the love making ended, he had accumulated far more photographs than he would ever need to complete Louis Visconti's assignment.