•29•

--Jennie--

The girl sighed in her sleep, as she slowly started to stir.

Saying she was finally feeling comfortable was a pure understatement.

It had been weeks since she had slept that good. And wherever the fuck she was, she was not going to wake up for anythin-

Wait.

Her eyes shot open and came face to face with a ceiling.

She was indeed tucked in a bed, in a small bedroom she didn't know of.

And as she turned her head to the right, tears started to well up in her eyes.

So it wasn't a dream.

The boy was completely hidden under the covers, and only a small tuft of hair was seen between the sheets.

But that quickly got out of her mind, as her insides started to twist madly.

His hand.

I- it's in mine.

She closed her hand and instantly felt the warmth of his touch spreading through her fingers.

Did we sleep like that?

Her cheeks started to redden, as she tried to let go of his hand.

Only to receive a squeeze from the boy.

She looked at Taehyung who had started moving too. And in the blink of an eye, the boy's head popped out of the covers-

Oh god.

Her eyes widened and she felt like covering her head.

Let's say she hadn't realised they were so close to each other.

Why do I never realise these kind of things.

"Jennie? Are you okay? How did you sleep?"

The girl gulped at his low voice.

She had forgotten that this man right there had that effect on her.

She instantly squirmed her hand and got out of his hold, raising her upper body. Taehyung followed her, and sat on the bed with a confused face.

"Hey what- ooh."

The boy started rubbing his hands together, clearly enhancing the awkwardness.

"About that... I promise I didn't touch you or anything. I wasn't planning to sleep here either. It's just... you didn't want to let go, and you started crying in your sleep when I left the room... and I think I fell asleep while holding your hand... I'm sorry if it felt uncomfortable, knowing that- that you endured harsh things."

Jennie looked at him, still not believing what was happening.

She had waited so long to finally be able to feel safe, to finally look into familiar eyes.

She had lost hope of seeing him.

Last night, she was being tortured, like always.

And just like that, the next morning she wakes up next to the boy she had been dreaming of.

The tears that had accumulated in her eyes finally let loose, and started dropping.

"T-Taehyung..."

The boy must have read her mind, as he opened his arms.

She closed in and strangled him in a dazzling hug, head burrowed in his shoulder.