•41•

--Jennie--

They both entered the car that was parked right in front of the house, without saying a word.

Soon enough, the car drove away from the noisy place, and Jennie could finally breathe out of relief.

She turned to her left and took a look at the boy, who was clutching the steering wheel like always.

"Thank you Taehyung... I don't know what might have happened if you didn't come..."

Taehyung glanced at her before turning back to the road and only hummed.

And then something crossed her mind.

"Actually, why did you come here at this hour? You didn't know about the party, did you?"

Taehyung only ruffled his hair, and she could feel something was off.

"I... I need to tell you that-"

He was cut off by his phone ringing. The boy took it out from his pocket and answered.

"Yes."

"Oh fuck."

What happened again...

She stared at Taehyung as the later sighed, and waited for him to speak.

"Okay, that's what we're going to do. Do you think we can crash at Jimin's after?"

"Okay, see you later, then. Bye."

Taehyung hung up, and the girl spoke up in anticipation:

"It was Jungkook, right? What happened?"

The boy only sighed again, and licked his lips.

He's scaring me... what if-

"I saw my dad tonight."

Her blood froze at the mention of that man.

The man that ruined her life.

And that was when she finally noticed the small crimson cuts on his face.

No...

"And... He actually wanted to take you back. That's why we went to see him, so we could stop him."

The car turned into a different road.

"But he escaped again... And I was afraid his men would come after you. That's why I came to pick you up. I just... didn't really expect to see this."

He motioned his head backwards, reminding her of the tireful night.

Her eyes widened when she recalled something.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry if I didn't answer my phone, someone took it away-"

"I know."

She clamped her sweaty hands together, bitting her lips in shame.

"I know perfectly, since this fucker answered instead of you when I called."

Her mouth dropped and she hung her head low.

"I'm sor-"

"Don't."

She looked at the boy, confusion swelling inside of her.

"But-"

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have let you there. I was just... afraid that my father would come take you if I left you at my apartment, because they had located it already. So I thought..."