•30•

--Taehyung--

The dark-haired boy had been staring at his phone for the past thirty minutes, unable to write one word.

Every minute, he would check on Jennie who was cooking in the small open chicken, and then he would get back at staring at his phone.

What can I say.... I can't just tell him 'Hi bro, long time no see! Guess what, Jennie's not dead!'

He ruffled his hair in annoyance and threw his phone on the couch, which made the girl on the other side of the small room turn around.

"Hum... is everything okay?"

"Oh- yea, yea, everything's fine."

The girl nodded and turned back to her ramen.

It was night time, and the both hadn't realised it, for they had been talking for the rest of the day.

However, Taehyung was still processing.

He had been crying and nearly gone crazy for her.

He had drank far too many bottles of alcohol to forget the pain.

In a nutshell, the boy has lived a desperate life for nearly one year.

And it turns out the girl of his dreams is not dead.

But she still wants to die.

That had came in the face like a huge slap. Yes, he would be able to swim a whole ocean by his own, if it was to save her.

But this was a whole other level.

Because he had to save her from herself.

And he knew that part of that vow of hers was his fault.

If only I hadn't been such a fucking coward and didn't ignore her.

But nevertheless, his father had still caught her.

And that man.

The same weird man that was staring at Jennie at the party.

He knew that man, because he was one of his father's right hands.

His name was Ruy. And he didn't want to know what he had done to the younger girl.

I should have destroyed his balls instead of punching him.

Taehyung looked up at Jennie, who was still stirring her home made ramen.

If he had suffered these last months, she had been far more resistant than he would have imagined.

He still couldn't believe what they did to her.

And how she was still standing.

And how she was still talking to him.

His heart warmed at the thought.

She always had that way of showing him how she loved and cared about him.

And he had decided he won't wait any more time.

I just need to make sure she won't try anything first.

He looked again at the phone.

Why would Jimin answer him? They hadn't talked for so long... yet, the reason he had was more than enough.

Taehyung wasn't that good with words. And he was afraid he wouldn't be enough to explain to Jennie that ending her life was not the solution.

Because as much as he had tried, the girl would only nod.