•62•

--Jennie--

When she opened her eyes, she fell face to face with Jimin.

And his awkward smile did not help her rising temper.

She immediately tried to get her oxygen mask off, but was surprised when she didn't find one; instead, a thin wire had been connected through her nostril, bringing oxygen directly there.

"They put this yesterday, because they said it would be more effective-"

"Why didn't you tell me??! You knew Taehyung was injured! You knew!!!"

She watched the blond ruffle his hair in shame and look around the room, probably to find another subject of discussion.

But Jennie wouldn't let him switch so fast.

"Bring me there. And if you say no, I swear I'll go there by myself-"

"You nearly died yesterday, Jennie."

Her lips sealed on instant, eyes surprised as her shoulders slumped a little.

"We found you passed out cold in Taehyung's room. Luckily, it had only been thirty minutes, and they were able to revive you. They called us at once, of course."

Jennie could simply nod, looking around her ward and starting to realise her actions.

But the compassion only longed for a while before she sat up, making Jimin panic:

"I'm not going to repeat myself. Bring me there. Put me in the same room, give me ten more sedatives, I don't care, but just bring me there."

"Jennie, I-"

"Jimin! Don't look at me like that! Please, I just want to go and see him!"

She was stopped by the boy when she tried to get up from the bed, the wires tucking on her skin and tearing it a little when she forced.

But she didn't care at all.

"Jennie, you have to calm down-"

"NO! You're not going to start like the others now, right??! I've been kept in this room for two whole damn days, being told to calm down, and I just learnt that I actually was in a coma??! For how long, I don't even know! And then I discover Taehyung is laying there on the bed- and he wasn't m-moving, and you t-tell me to calm down? I-I can't! I simply c-can't, Jimin p-please..."

She felt her body was crushed in the older boy's chest, as warm tears started trickling down her cheeks, heart torn in two.

And Jimin only brushed her back, without answering anything.

"Jimin?"

She looked up at the boy in the eyes, letting him know with one stare how desperate she was.

Jimin erased her tears before sighing deeply, slowly pushing her back on the bed.

And Jennie did not appreciate it.

"What? So you're going to go back, and come in one week? One month? And then you'll tell me Taehyung died?"

The boy turned his head to her in a swift motion, eyes popping out of their sockets.

"No, Jennie... he's not going to die, okay?"

"H-how do you know? How can I know, if I d-don't even know what happened..."

Warm tears wouldn't stop rolling down, as her uneven breaths started sticking in her throat, making her gulp.

The pain was unbearable, overcoming any other torment she had faced.