Nathan Meets World pt 2

Matthews' apartment.

Nathan hurries into the room so he has time to warn his mother about the hurricane that was behind him. 

"Mom, quick!" he exclaimed.

"What? What is it?"His mother asks worried.

"Run! Run befo-"

Riley slams the door to the apartment open. "Ma!" Followed by their who mocks his younger sister.

"Oh, this is gonna be good."

His mother gives him a smile while he heads into the kitchen to get a snack and a good place to watch.

"Whatever this is, do not put me in the middle of the two people I love equally. Just kidding!" she looks at Riley and then hugs her, "Come here, honey."

"Funny Mom, but we both know I'm the favorite. I'm the oldest comes with the job description." 

Topanga turned to her son, "Off the counter, please. Sit in a chair. Riley what's going on."

"I'll tell you what's going on. She walked out of my class. She's trying to be Maya." 

"Riley, why would you want to be Maya?" Their mother asked.

"Because she's cool, she has a wild side. She does what she wants."

Nathan scoffed, "She's also a D average student."

"Nathaniel."  If looks could kill Nathan would be six feet under from look his mother was giving him.

"Yeah, okay. I'll be in my room."

Nathan's bedroom

Nathan sat in his globe chair ready to do his homework when a knock came on his door

Nathan sat in his globe chair ready to do his homework when a knock came on his door.  He called for the person to come in figuring it was one of his parents.

"Nathan?"

He figured wrong. It was his little brother and it sounded like he was upset.

"What's the matter Augster." His homework could wait. Right now his brother needed him.

"Riley said we're not twins. You have to go yell at her." 

Well isn't that adorable. "I can't yell at her, Aug. She's right. You're a little too young to be her twin."

Auggie looked close to tears and if there was one thing he hated it was seeing his brother, and his sister for that matter, upset.

"Come here, Auggie." Nathan pulled his brother into his lap and turned his chair towards the window.

"There's nothing wrong with not being a twin. In fact, I bet if you asked someone who's a twin they would tell you how bad it was."

"Why?"