Nathan Meets Interlude #2

It's almost 4 in the morning and I can't sleep. So here have a small update. Just a little chapter with group bonding with an abrupt ending.

For the record in case you guys were wondering I'm currently in the middle of writing the home for the holidays episode.

Nathan, Farkle, and Lucas are in Nathan's bedroom after the elections.

Nathan is lying on the floor with his feet propped on the bed and a pillow on his stomach, Farkle is on said bed, and Lucas is sitting in the ball chair.

"So, Texas. What are you going to do now that you've been elected president?"

Lucas takes another spin in the chair before answering, "I haven't decided yet. Maybe something to do with textbooks. They're too old."

"I can't believe I voted for you and you don't have any plans."

"Wait a minute," Farkle says. "I thought you weren't going to vote at all."

Well this is awkward.

"Relax, Farkle. I changed my mind and decided to vote for all you. Including Princess Riley and her unicorn."

"Nathan, I need your help."

Speak of the devil. Riley once again comes into Nathan's room without knocking.

When Lucas turns to speak to say hello Nathan throws the pillow at his face.

"Once the elections started going downhill I figured I'd give you some pity votes," Nathan tells Farkle ignoring Maya and his sister.

"Do we have to do this everytime," Riley pouts.

"We will do this everytime until you learn to knock. One of these days you're going to barge in on something that's going to scar you for life. And it's not going to bet fault either."

Sighing Riley pulls Maya out of the room and closes the door.

"Why did you throw a pillow at me."

"We don't speak to them when they barge into my room."

"But why?"

"Because they need to learn manners. No one in this family knocks except for Auggie."

"Come in," Nathan calls when a knock is heard.

"Sup, losers."

"I could you ask you brats the same thing," Nathan tells Maya. "But nevermind that. Riles, you said you needed help."

"Would you be angry if I said I forgot."

Nathan sighs, "Of course not."

"What do you guys do in here anyway," Maya questions.

"Sometimes we talk and play video games," Farkle answers.

"And sometimes we sit in silence on our phones," Lucas finishes.

"Can we sit in silence with you?"

"There's no bay window," Nathan warns.

"We'll make our own," Maya tells him.

Nathan waves a hand towards the window and goes back to lying on the floor. He doesn't expect the silence to last for very long.

And it doesn't, "This door stays open."

"Dad," Nathan complains.

"I think I'm being very fair, son. It kills me that I can't chase him out that window."

"Him being Lucas," Nathan asks pointing.

"Well, I'm not talking about Farkle."

Nathan takes a deep breath and then glares, "If you don't leave right now I'm telling Mom."

"You're a defensive little papa bear," Maya teases when Cory leaves.