Nathan Meets the New World pt2

By the time Nathan made it home he was done crying. Though to be fair, he made sure he was done crying before he left the school. Now he was just numb.

He locked himself in his room and pulled up his comfort show on his laptop.

Nothing like binge watching Avatar the Last Airbender when you're feeling sad.

He had just reaches the part in Avatar where Sokka asks Yue to do an activity with him when there was a knock on his door.

"Who is it," he asks hitting pause.

"It's Mom. Can I come in?"

Nathan thinks a moment before allowing her entrance.

"You're home early."

"Your dad texted me. How are you feeling, honey?"

Nathan scoffs, "You mean besides feeling betrayal at finding out that my bofriend kissed my little sister, my best friend knew the whole time and instead of telling me he avoided being alone with me because he can't keep a secret to save his life, and my little sister forced me to hang out with her due to the overwhelming guilt she must have felt at lying to my face. I feel fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course," Nathan says shrugging. "What makes you think I'm not fine?"

"Honey," Topanga says reaching out and wiping his cheek. "you're crying."

"Oh," Nathan says softly. He hadn't even noticed. "I just wish they had told me, you know?"

"I wish I knew how to make you feel better."

"Do you wanna watch Atla with me?"

"The show with the little bald child who controls the elements?"

"It's so much more than that," Nathan says making room on his bed for his mom before pressing play. "Also I'm not starting over for you."

-

Together they finished season one before Auggie came home with his playdate and Topanga left to supervise and do paperwork.

Nathan is alone for all of five minutes before someone else comes knocking. Pausing the episode he was on, Nathan gets up and opens his door.

Unfortunately it's his sister.

"What do you want Riley?"

"I didn't kiss Lucas."

"I don't want to play this game with you, Riley," Nathan says sighing. "You win."

"I'm not playing games. I promise."

"Why should I believe you?"

"Do you really think I'd lie to you?"

"Yes. And apparently you're better at it than I thought."

"Well, what about Lucas?"

"What about him," Nathan asks confused.

"Has he ever lied to you?"

"No," Nathan admits. "And before today I thought he never would."

"But he didn't lie. And if you'd just talk to him-"

Wait a minute.

"Riley is he here?"

"He's in the living room. I thought it would be easier to get you to talk to him if you didn't have to go anywhere."

Nathan rolls his eyes, "Great. Let's get this over with."

"You'll talk to him?"

"He's already here isn't he," Nathan says frustratedly walking out of the hallway.