Nathan Meets Maya's Mother pt.2

Before we get to the story I just want to say a quick thank you to everyone who is reading this story,has voted,commented, and added Nathan to your reading list. You have no idea how much that means to me. Today we're at five thousand reads and counting and I couldn't be happier. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Nathan is sitting in his room quietly reading when Riley walks into his bedroom unannounced.

"You know, I could have been changing," he says not looking up from his book.

"I need help."

Sighing at his sisters lack of an apology Nathan turns the page in his book and continues reading.

"Are you being serious right now? Fine."

Pouting, Riley walks out of the room and closes the door behind her. A moment later a knock is heard.

"Come in," Nathan calls.

"How can I help you, baby sister?" Nathan questions, putting away his book.

"Do you do that with Auggie, too?"

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean. You said something about help."

"Maya's mom didn't come to career day."

Nathan sighs pinching the bridge of his nose, "Maya's mom was at work, Riley. Let it go."

"But she promised Maya she would show up."

"And Dad promised me that I'd get my Hogwarts letter and so far it's almost three years to late."

"Be serious, Nathan."

"I can't. I don't have the hair to pull it off."

"Nathan." Riley huffs in annoyance.

"Riley."  Nathan mocks.

"Fine. I guess I'm on my own then. Since you obviously don't care about Maya."

With her last words spoken, Riley leaves and this time she doesn't come back.

Frowning slightly Nathan pulls out his phone to text Farkle.

Laughing Nathan sends out a denial. Farkle has hated his contact picture pretty much ever since Nathan set and has been trying to get Nathan to change to something else.

 Farkle has hated his contact picture pretty much ever since Nathan set and has been trying to get Nathan to change to something else