Day #28

THE LORD IS GOOD.

Since I got pregnant when I was 16 years old, I never had the chance to celebrate my birthday outside. All I had was a birthday cake, spaghetti, salad and bread. I am thankful still. Others couldn't even afford that.

There was a time that I got nothing. No celebration. Nothing at all. But I was still grateful. My father-in-law would send me P1,000 to use. I would have jollibee and be very happy. I remember that as long as my family is okay, I'm okay.

When I turned 22, my life changed. I met different people that changed the way I think. I celebrated my birthday at a luxury buffet restaurant, went to Boracay, had an income of 30,000php. I was new to receiving lots of money. I was adjusting to it. I got scared. I wouldn't let it go. But despite being scared of letting it go, I ended up empty.

Lord, I will travel to blah blah blah if you grant me a deal.

I prayed like that again and again. Nothing happened.

Lord, I promise I will share a portion of it to the needy. I will use it to make others happy.

I changed my prayers to that. And BOOM! He gave it to me!

It feels like He is changing me into the type of person that I should be. Selfless, grateful and free of hate. He is directing my life with a purpose.

Today is my 23rd birthday. I celebrated it with my family. We had so much fun. I wish we can stay forever like this. But maybe.... time will be different by then. We'll go our seperate ways. This will be a moment in our history where our life is slowly changing. Slowly changing into a better one.