eighteen

L I L L I A N N A

"It was so scary, I feel so bad Haz."

As my eyes flutter open to reveal black spots flying around my eyeline I roll over in confusion as I realise I am in the hotel bed in my pyjamas.

I scrunch my nose and let out a soft groan, trying to clear my pounding headache that is throbbing from the centre of my head.

I glance my eyes towards Niall to see him sitting on the grey chair across from the bed, talking on the phone with a concerned expression planted on his face.

He looks over at me and his expression softens.

"I've got to go, we'll be home soon guys," he says quickly before he ends the call and walks towards me.

"Hey lil, how are you feeling?" He asks softly, sitting on the bed beside me.

"Ok," I croak as I run my hands through my hair in an attempt to ease the pain.

"What happened?" I ask, looking up at him with concern as my body sinks into the soft mattress of the bed.

"You collapsed Lil. The doctor said it was most likely due to exhaustion and extreme stress, which seems likely," Niall gently explains and I nod, processing the information.

"I'm sorry Niall," I mumble, embarrassment flooding my body as I realise that everyone knows that I collapsed.

Niall's expression changes, his voice becoming deeper and more serious.

"Lilli don't apologise, I should be apologising for allowing us go in the first place! As soon as I saw the amount of paparazzi I should've taken you somewhere else where it would've been safe," Niall explains, his face softening as he finishes.

"I don't want you to apologise to me," he says with a smile, gently pushing a strand of hair off of my face.

"Thank you for helping me Niall," I say gratefully as he hands me a glass of water and a paracetamol to ease my headache.

"I feel hungover," I say with a slight laugh, making him smile. He turns on the TV, his smile immediately fading as photos of us from last night appear on the screen.

"What did Vivian say?" I ask quietly and Niall rolls his eyes at the mention of her name.

"She spouted some shit to the press that the reason you collapsed was because of the flashing cameras and that you were so incredibly lucky and grateful to have your husband to help you," Niall explains with an exaggerated, comedic voice making me laugh.

"What would I have done without my hubby?" I ask teasingly, making him grin.

"I don't know wifey," he teases back, laughing loudly.

"So what do we have to do today?" I ask in exhaustion as I attempt to sit upright in the bed, my eyes beginning to blur and flutter once more.

"We don't have to do anything," Niall states, pushing me gently back down on the bed as he clearly sees I am lightheaded.

"But it's our honeymoon," I tease with a small smile elongating the word. He laughs at me, standing at the bottom of the bed with his arms crossed and my heart flutters.

"You are resting all day today and getting better. End of story," Niall says firmly but with a smile.

"But what about what Vivian has-"

"I spoke to Vivian this morning who was very angry with us for 'not following her demands'. She was annoyed at you for leaving the restaurant and feeling sick so I told her that we would not be leaving the hotel until you were better and that she could kindly fuck off and leave us alone," Niall explains to me with a passive aggressive smile and I can't help but shake my head as he explains.

"She then hung up the phone and had nothing else to say," he says with a grin and I can't help but laugh even though my head is still pounding.

"You won the fight," I state, smuggling into the hotel bed.

"You know I did baby," he says with a laugh, clearly proud of himself.

"So are we just staying here all day?" I ask with a small pout as although I feel sick and exhausted I want to tour Paris so badly.

"Seems like it," Niall states casually, sitting on the end of the large hotel bed.

"I'm so annoyed that I'm sick in Paris! I wanted to make the most of this trip and go to the Eiffel tour and see paintings and go to cute cafes," I rant as I become excited about my fantasy's about Paris.

"Well, I thought you would be sad that you couldn't properly sightsee and tour Paris so I decided to arrange a little surprise for you," Niall smirks and I can't help but giggle in excitement.

"Voila Madame," he says as he lifts a large silver platter from the table that was hidden from my view and I immediately can't help but squeal despite still feeling unwell.

"Niall you didn't!" I squeal as I smile widely, making him laugh as he is clearly pleased with himself.

"I did!" He states as he lifts the silver dish lid to reveal the best breakfast I have ever seen consisting of fruits of all different colours, yogurts, doughnuts, toast, cheese, pastries, crackers, croissants, cake and even pain au chocolat.

"You even got me pain au chocolat?" I ask excitedly and he grins as he nods is head.

"I knew you were desperate to try some so I had no choice but to get them," he explains with a smile and pink cheeks as he sets the platter on the hotel bed in between us.

"Thank you! This has cheered me up so much," I confess with a laugh as I begin to eat a large watermelon.

Just as Niall is about to take a bite he jumps up quickly and runs to the window, pulling the curtains back to reveal the Eiffel Tower facing us in all its beauty.

"It's beautiful," I sigh as I look out of the window with a large smile.

"It sure is," Niall says quietly, slightly blushing as he looks at me with a small smile.

(A/N: please VOTE and COMMENT!! - I am working really hard on this book! Make sure to comment any suggestions🥰)