fifty seven

N I A L L

"Ni," I hear a sleepy voice say and I immediately flicker my eyes open and let out a small yawn as I feel Lilli's warm legs wrap around my waist.

"What's wrong baby?" I mumble sleepily, my voice raspy as I snuggle down into the duvet covers again.

"I really need olives," Lilli yawns and I pull a confused expression before sleepily turning around in the bed to see her pretty face.

"Olives?" I question through a yawn, running my fingers through her messy red hair as she pouts and nods at me.

"Please can you get me some, I can't stop thinking about them," Lilli begs, kissing my cheek and I yawn again and rub my eyes before getting out of the bed and walking downstairs.

I yawn once more as I walk through the dark house, my eyes gradually adjusting to the fridge door light as I open it.

"Olives, olives, olives," I mumble under my breath as I search through the fridge and I immediately sigh in frustration when I see that there are no olives left.
I run my hands through my messy hair and close the fridge door, preparing myself for Lilli's look of disappointment that just breaks my heart.

As soon as I walk back into the bedroom Lilli quickly sits up in the bed with excitement but her expression quickly changes as I gently shake my head.

"But I really want olives," Lilli pouts sleepily, her bottom lip wobbling as I pull her into a hug, allowing her to rest her head on my chest.

"I know baby, we will get you some tomorrow," I explain but she shakes her head and begins to softly cry as I rub her head.

"I really need some olives," Lilli cries and if it was appropriate I would definitely be laughing at how hysterical this situation is.
But it's not appropriate at all so I just kiss her forehead and wipe her tears away.

"Please don't cry baby," I plead, holding back a yawn as her tears land softly on my bare chest.

"I can't help it, I just really need olives Ni," Lilli whimpers, her voice gentle and small as she softly cries in my arms.
I hate seeing her so upset, especially over something as stupid as olives.

"Okay, I'll go to the shop now and get you some," I say, holding back a yawn as I look at the clock and see that it's only 3:17am.

"Will you really?" Lilli asks me, her eyes wide and teary as she lifts her head and looks at me.

"Yes baby, now go back to sleep and I'll wake you when I'm back," I explain with a yawn as I set her gently on the bed and tuck her in, pulling the duvet cover over her small body and placing a gentle kiss on her cheek as she closes her eyes.

I pull on a pair of grey sweatpants and a black hoodie before grabbing my car keys and leaving the quiet house, the only sound being the sound of Harry's snores.

I drive cautiously even though the roads are pretty much empty and when I reach the 24 hour shopping centre I am thankful for the empty carpark.

I rub my eyes sleepily as I walk through the aisles like a zombie and after much searching I am growing more frustrated as olives are nowhere to be seen.