twenty one

(A/N: please VOTE and COMMENT!! - I am working really hard on this book! Make sure to comment any suggestions🥰)

N I A L L

It has been three weeks since I last visited Lillianna on set and I can't help but notice that her demeanour has completely changed.

She's different.

Her eyes don't sparkle anymore, not like they did the night we first met. They are dim, as if the fuse has blown.

She looks exhausted.

Maybe it's just stress, I mean I assume making a movie is exhausting and stressful but still I can't seem to convince myself that she is truly okay.

Maybe it's just this whole marriage thing that's stressing her out.

Maybe it's me.

I hear her small footsteps along the staircase and I instantly take this opportunity to just spend time with her.

Maybe that's all she needs.

"Lilli, do you want to watch a movie?" I ask cheerfully with a smile and I see a small smile appear on her face.

"Only if I get to choose it," she states with a smirk as she takes a seat beside me on the couch, snuggling into the cushion in between us.

"Well at least we don't have to fight Louis or Harry for the TV remote tonight since they are out," I say with a laugh and she nods in response with a slight chuckle.

As she flicks through the movies for what feels like forever I can't help but sigh impatiently, gaining a sharp look from Lilli.

"You are so impatient," she says with a slight laugh and I sit up and hold my hands in defence.

"That is not true at all!" I yell playfully, gaining a laugh from her.

"It's a hard, cold fact!" She replies through her laughter as she continues to flick through the movie choices on Netflix.

"This one, we will watch this one!" She yells excitedly, turning her head to view my expression.

"Aladdin! Are you serious?" I ask rolling my eyes playfully and she nods in response.

"Deadly serious, it's the best Disney movie!" She states with a smile and for a second I see a glimpse of her usual self.

"That's debatable," I say with a laugh and she shakes her head at me as the Disney opening theme begins to play.

"If you're lucky I might even let you sing along with me," she teases and I can't help but laugh.

She's one of the only people that can make me laugh the way she does.

She's so unpredictable and that's what excites me.

I see her yawn from the corner of my eye, snuggling deep into the cushion until her leg is slightly leaning against mine.

As she focuses on the TV I can't help myself as I focus on her perfect facial features.

I look down at her injured wrist and see that there are still large, purple and green blotches of bruising scattered along her hand.

I'm uncomfortable in my position and gently place my hand on Lilli's inner thigh to support myself.

I can't help but notice her gently wince in pain and flinch under my touch, sharply moving away from me.

I have no words as I feel all of the moisture leave my mouth and feel the pit of my stomach drop.

I don't even think she noticed that she flinched and that's what is most worrying.