twenty two

L I L L I A N N A

It's been a week since our argument and we've barely spoken. We are as stubborn as each other as Louis would say.

I have to admit, I miss him.
A lot.
I miss his stupid jokes, I miss him teasing me, I miss his constant singing or humming or tapping.

I really miss his laugh.

In fairness to us both, we have barely seen each other due to our gruelling work schedules but that only makes me feel even more lonely.

I hate coming home to an empty house.

I could just call or text him.

I know he didn't do anything wrong and that he was just concerned but I'm scared and afraid of hurting him. I don't want him to find out the truth for his own sake.

"Lillianna!"
I'm pulled from my daze by a shouting Vivian, marching towards me as I sit backstage at the MTV awards preparing for an interview.
How fun!!

"Don't slouch Lillianna! This is being broadcasted!" She sharply states, pulling my shoulders back as I scowl at her.

"And wipe that look off of your face before Alex arrives!" she whispers as I continue to glare at her.
I shiver at the mention of Alex.
I don't like talking about him.

I play with my wedding ring as I sit in the interview chair and I can't help but think about Niall, wishing he was here.

My phone dings and when I read the message, my own face lights up as I realise it's from him.

From Niall
~ I need to see you. Pleaseeee tell me you're at this shitty event x

Instantly a smile creeps on to my face as I read the message and although Niall and I haven't apologised to each other yet, at least I know we are on talking terms again.

To Niall
~ I'm backstage doing interviews
:( come and get me!! x

I can hear Alex's and Stefan's voices from outside the room and I know that my phone will be taken away from me when the interview starts.

"Come on Niall, answer please," I mumble under my breath as I know that the only way Vivian will let me leave is if I go off with Niall for publicity.

I'd much rather be with Niall than Alex.

From Niall
~ I'll be there in 10. What room are you in? x

I breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that I will see him soon and that I will be able to leave and get away from Alex.

To Niall
~ backstage room 22A - 3rd floor! x

I type as fast as I possibly can and as soon as I hit send Alex and Stefan walk into the room followed by the interviewer.

From Niall
~ see ya soon babe ;) x

I take one last glance at my phone and smile before Vivian snatches it out of my hand and sets it on the table at the other side of the room, shaking her head at me as she exits.