sixty

N I A L L

"Yes Vivian, I know Lilli was supposed to be booked today but there has been an emergency," I state into the phone, shaking my head with frustration as I try and speak to this horrible woman.

"Well an emergency is usually defined as an unplanned event so that's probably why did she didn't tell you in advance," I snap, running my hand through my hair as I begin to run out of patience with Vivian as she rambles on.

I honestly don't know how Lilli hasn't murdered this woman yet.

I suppose there is still time.

"So unless you yank the tubes out of her body yourself, which I mean I wouldn't be surprised if you did, then Lilli will not be working," I state loudly, ending the call before Vivian can reply and I immediately walk back into her hospital room to see the boys all standing around her bed.

Lilli is awake now, sitting upright in the bed with a small, sleepy smile on her face and although she looks much better she still appears to be slightly drowsy.

Louis is sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing her arm and telling her funny jokes as Harry rolls his eyes playfully but I can see the sense of relief in their faces.

Zayn brought Lilli a large bouquet of flowers and is setting it up on the small table beside her bed, Elio is spritzing the room with a marshmallow spray that contains slight elements of glitter and Liam is showing her the Krispy Kremes box in an attempt to make her smile.

Needless to say, Lilli is definitely feeling the love.

"How are you feeling, baby?" I ask her gently, my expression softening as I walk closer to her and she immediately reaches out for my hand.

"Tired but I'm not in as much pain anymore," Lilli mumbles sleepily, rubbing her eyes with a small smile and I gently lean over and kiss her cheek.

"The doctor will be in to talk to Mr and Mrs Horan in a minute so I'll have to ask all other visitors to please leave," a nurse explains, suddenly appearing in the doorframe and I feel my heart sink.

I'm so scared and I can tell that Lilli is too so I put on a brave face and wave at the boys as they leave the room, blowing kisses at Lilli on their way out.

"I love you so much Lilli," I admit, my cheeks turning a shade of pink as I pull her in close to me and plant a gentle but loving kiss on her lips.

"I love you more," Lilli mumbles, pulling me into the bed with her so she can lay her head on my chest and for a second I close my eyes and imagine we are at home and that everything is okay.

I know she's doing the same thing.

••••••

"Okay so I want to start off by saying that you absolutely did the right thing by bringing your wife here Niall, things could've gotten very serious but luckily we were able to act quickly," the doctor starts, momentarily glancing from his medical file to offer us a small smile.

My heart is racing as I hold Lilli in my arms, my hand resting on her bump.

"We initially believed it was a miscarriage, blood is usually a severe warning sign and symptom however we want to reassure you that Lillianna and your baby girl are still healthy, breathing and will be absolutely fine," the doctor explains and Lilli immediately bursts into tears, clinging to me tight with a stupid smile on her face as she becomes hysterical.