fifty four

TW: sexual assault - not graphic but take care

L I L L I A N N A

"Break a leg baby! You've got this," Niall says into the phone and I can hear Harry yelling his support in the background.

"I'm actually excited! This role sounds amazing," I explain to Niall as I make my way towards the audition building door, holding my pink briefcase in hand containing my script.

Harry told me that I was wearing Elle Woods couture today and I couldn't agree more as I glance at my reflection in the glass door to see my pink blazer and matching skirt.

"And the part will be yours! They would be fools not to hire you," Niall says into the phone and I smile at his compliment as I walk into the waiting room.

Everyone looks up at me, some smiling, some scowling.

We are all here to audition for the same role.

I quickly say goodbye to Niall and take a seat beside a group of girls, offering them a smile and a small wave but they all scowl and move a seat away from me, leaving me alone.

I brush it off and focus on my script, feeling the eyes of the surrounding girls on me at all times.

This part seems perfect for me and although I was debating auditioning or not because Vivian was the one who suggested the role to me, Niall convinced me to take the opportunity saying that I shouldn't let Vivian intimidate me.

I hear my name being called and I get up from my seat, adjust my skirt and plant a smile on my face as I walk towards the room at the end of the hall in which the audition will take place.

I'm the biggest name in this building so I know the men will recognise me but I don't let that affect me.
I inhale and exhale with a smile, an old trick I've been doing since I started and it always seems to work.

I can't let myself appear nervous even though inside I am shaking with fear.

I think back to the days when I was desperately trying to book acting jobs, my knees wobbling as I entered audition rooms.
I was completely terrified.

I recall a time when a receptionist called my name and when I walked into the audition room the director was in the bath.
I was only 16.
I ran out crying and never told anyone.
I've never even told Niall about that incident.

I'm pulled from my thoughts as I reach the door handle, a confident smile planted on my face as I walk into the room with the sound of my heels clacking on the floor.

Louis persuaded me not to wear my doc martens for once and I reluctantly gave in.

I look up at the panel before me and see that they are all old, fat, men with money and I internally roll my eyes at the sight.

These men own the film industry and so they undoubtedly have power.
I know all of the faces but not all of the names.

The ones I do know I try to forget.

"Ah Lillianna Horan," one of the men, known as George, greets with a smile as I walk into the centre of the room in front of the panel.