forty five

N I A L L

"Goodnight everyone," Lilli says with a small smile as she enters the living room and places a gentle kiss on my cheek.

The boys and I have been home from Europe for just over a week and I can't help but notice how nervous and quiet Lilli has become.

"Lilli, it's only 8:30," Harry teases and I see a small smile appear again on Lilli's lips but she doesn't tease him back just like she usually would.

"Are you feeling okay? You've been quiet all day," I ask curiously, attempting to gently pull her onto my lap but I notice that she resists.

"I'm just exhausted," Lilli replies through a yawn and I nod in response, smiling at her despite my concern.

"Do you want me to come upstairs?" I ask but she just shakes her head and yawns once more.

"Okay, goodnight," I reply quietly, gaining another kiss from Lilli before she begins to walk up the staircase.

I notice that she is holding onto the bannister to almost keep her balance as she walks up the staircase.
Maybe I'm just overthinking.

"If you begin to feel sick just call for me," I yell after her and I hear a slight murmur from her in response.
She sounds so weak, almost fragile.

"Niall, is she okay?" Harry asks, interrupting the awkward silence that has consumed the air since Lilli left.

"I honestly don't know. She's been so quiet the last couple of days," I say quietly as I analyse every possibility for her change in behaviour.

"I'm worried about her. Maybe she still has that flu," Louis adds and I can see the clear concern in his face.
He cares about Lilli very much and I know he's just as concerned about her as I am.

"Maybe something happened with management when we were away," Harry says and instantly my heart sinks.

"I'll talk to her tomorrow. I don't won't to wake her up," I explain softly and the boys mumble in agreement.

L I L L I A N N A

I see footprints.
I hear the sound of shoes walking towards me but nobody is there.
Closer.
I call out but I'm surrounded by painful silence.

I finally feel hands wrap around me, around my bump and I treasure the warmth they bring.
I smile as the hands touch my skin gently, full of love and affection.

They are his hands and that makes me smile even more.
I turn around, expecting to see his eyes but instead I feel a sharp pain on my wrist and I am forcefully turned around to face him.

He's angry and he's angry with me.

"You have fucked up everything," he yells so loud that I can see his jaw tremble with fury.

"You have ruined my life, you worthless piece of shit!"

His words repeat loudly like a chant and when I go to kiss him he throws me away, pain flowing through my body as he touches me.
I apologise repeatedly but his eyes are dark and I'm terrified.