forty eight

L I L L I A N N A

When I arrive at the house I immediately begin to feel nervous as I can hear the yelling from outside.
I open the door and see pieces of glass scattered across the hallway, crunching underneath my heavy doc marten boots as I make my way into the kitchen.

The sounds of yelling and smashing make me jump in fright and when I hear Niall's voice I become even more anxious.

"Lilli! I told you not to come here," Harry starts, taking me by surprise as he appears behind me and I can see little strands of sweat appearing on his forehead.

"Where is he?" I ask quickly and I see Harry glance nervously at me before motioning upstairs.

I run up the staircase with Harry chasing after me and I follow the sounds of yelling until I see Louis, Paul, Zayn and Liam standing outside the study door.

The sound of glass smashing is deafening and I realise that Niall has locked himself into the study as Paul is desperately trying to break down the door.

When I hear Niall yell I jump in fright and the boys momentarily place their attention on me, concern planted on their faces.

"Lilli you need to leave," Louis starts but I ignore him and attempt to walk towards the door which is shaking on its hinges with every smash.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask, tears welling up in my eyes as I listen to his distress through the door.
I know I should be annoyed with him but right now my priority is his safety.
He can apologise later.

"He's intoxicated. After the show he left and came home extremely drunk," Zayn explains sadly and my anxiety begins to rise as I imagine the danger he has put himself in.

"He's acting aggressive, he's never aggressive when he's drunk," I explain quickly, voicing my concern to Paul who was obviously called in for back up.

"He's also upset Lilli," Paul explains but I shake my head as my gut is telling me that there is something really wrong.

"Is he okay? Is he breathless? What if he has taken drugs or something! Maybe he needs an ambulance," I start yelling as I walk closer to the door, now allowing my tears to spill down my cheeks.

"Harry, take her away from here," Paul instructs but I refuse and begin to walk closer to the door frame, jumping each time Niall smashes something.

"Harry! Why would you tell Lilli to come here? I told you not to say anything!" Louis scolds and although I can faintly hear them arguing in the background I place all of my attention on Niall.

"Niall, open the door!" Paul states firmly but calmly although I know that Niall won't listen to him.

He doesn't listen to anybody, except me.

"You have to let me talk to him!" I yell but immediately everyone refuses and begins to yell their disapproval.

"No, no, no, no, no that is not fucking happening!" Louis yells, turning away from Harry and now marching angrily towards me.

"Please Louis! You know he will listen to me," I argue back but Louis continues to refuse, now physically blocking me from the doorway in case I magically burst through.