thirty six

N I A L L

"I'm ready," Lilli squeals excitedly as she enters from the hotel bathroom and immediately my jaw drops.

She is breathtaking.

"Holy fuck," I mutter under my breath as my eyes linger along her body and I sense that she is blushing as I smirk.

It's her movie premiere tonight so she's dressed in a tight, sequinned gold ball gown and has her makeup and hair styled by Elio who is beaming proudly.

"I'm gay as hell and even I think you're hot right now," Elio jokes making both of us laugh as he applies shimmer to Lilli's collarbone and shoulders.

"Do you really like the dress? It's not too much is it?" Lilli asks in a panic as Elio begins to hook her corset at the back.

"I love it and I love you," I whisper as I walk towards her and hold out my hands lovingly.

"I love you too," she says with a smile but I can tell she is nervous.

I know she gets anxious at premieres and although I do too I need to hold it together for the both of us.
This is her special night.

"Do you want a sour patch kid sweet?" I ask gently and she begins to giggle as she nods.

"The last time I had these was at-"

"The wedding," I finish and our eyes meet for a second before she looks down at her feet.

"So much has changed since then," I continue and she nods, quickly grabbing my hand once more.

"I don't mean to rush you guys but we need to get going in order to walk the carpet and we are already fashionably late," Elio explains as he puts his own heels own and runs some hair product through his freshly dyed blue hair.

"Are you ready?" I ask as I gesture for her to take my arm and Lilli only nods in response, inhaling deeply before exhaling with a smile.
She always does that when she's nervous.

I saw her do it the first time we met on the carpet for her previous film.

The day my life changed for the better.

"Okay, game face on the paparazzi are in the lobby and I want them to see you be the bad bitch you are," Elio says as he hypes Lilli up in the elevator, quickly fixing her styled red hair that is cascading down her shoulders.

"I love you both," Lilli says with a genuine smile while grabbing our hands as the elevator doors open to reveal many fans and paparazzi standing in the hotel lobby to greet us.

She waves at everyone, blowing kisses and I admire her as I see her begin to laugh and slightly relax.

"You look beautiful Lillianna!"

"So do you Niall!" someone yells and Lilli begins to laugh loudly, turning to me with a wide smile as we are ushered into a large cab that will take us to the premiere.

"I'm scared," Lilli says so quietly it's almost a whisper as we begin to pull up to the red carpet.

"I know baby, but you've got nothing to be scared about! You look gorgeous," I comfort as Elio rubs her hand soothingly.

"The boys are already there and they say it's actually a very well structured carpet with nice interviewers," I explain and that seems to calm her down slightly as her colour seems to appear once more in her cheeks.

"Have you got your wedding ring on?" She asks quickly and I nod with a warm smile, calming her nerves again. Simon and Vivian would've killed us if we forgot to wear them.