Library Trip

It's been awhile since you saw Alastor in person, in your room. It's been roughly a month you thought, maybe he wouldn't show up again. You hoped he wouldn't, you would be lying if he didn't terrify you. Though you told no one about it, not even (F/n), who your sure would enjoy his classy, demonic energy. (F/n) was always a weird fanatic about certain things, an other worldly things such as demons are one of them.

You were taking a stroll through the neighborhood with your headphones on and listening to (Favorite musician/band/artist). You didn't really have a set destination, you just wanted out of the house for a little bit. 

You come across a park area and decide to sit on a bench close to a small creek overlooking a field of flowers. On the other side of the field there was a forest.

Sighing and stretching you feel at peace, nothing is bothering you or interrupting your alone time. You end up dozing off to your music slightly.

"Why hello there Darling~!" A chipper static-filled voice said suddenly. You jumped from the bench when you heard the voice. Some people walking by looked at you curiously at the sudden movement but continued on with their walk. You look at the person who talked, seeing Alastor you sighed.

"You scared me shitless dude!" You yelled. He chuckled in response. "What do you want?"

"Dear, I just wanted a chat~! Is there something wrong with that?" He asked with a grin, crossing his legs. You shook your head and sat down next to him, putting your headphones back on to make it seem your talking to someone on the phone.

"Chat? You don't strike me as the type." You fiddle with your hands, unsure what to do with yourself.

"Well, I usually don't like pointless banter unless it involves a deal, or other business related things. But you are a special case, you interest me, and I want to know you better." He said, looking at his microphone-cane hybrid.

"Know me? What would you of all people like to know?" You asked, looking at the demon curiously.

"Anything really." He shrugged. His ever-smile never left his face.

So begins your one-sided rant of what you like, and your hobbies. He nodded once in awhile, looking at the forest on the other side of the field. "You are interesting." Alastor finally said when you stopped talking.

"You really think so?" You say, not really believing in it. He nodded. 

"Indeed I do! Why wouldn't I?" He asked. You shrugged. 

He stood up, making his cane disappear out of thin air. "Well since I know more about you, why don't you know more about me?" He questioned.

"I don't see why not." You rubbed your arm and looked at the sky. It was getting a tad dark, you better get home before dinner. You intimated that you had roughly 2 hours left.

"I think looking in the Library will be a better way than explaining it to you~" He said as he walked next to you on the path.

The library? But why couldn't he just tell you himself? Well, the library is open for another hour so you better hurry over there. 

Alastor disappeared a bit ago on your way to the library. Maybe he had something to take care of, you're not entirely sure but you didn't exactly care either. It's less stressful when he's away anyhow.

You ask where the old records would be and the librarian guides you to a room with a bunch of old newspapers. you thanked them and started looking through them. While you were searching Alastor popped up right next to you unexpectedly again. You ended up yelping and taking a step away from him.

"Dammit stop startling me!" You said in a hushed voice. Alastor grinned more.

"It's not my fault your so jumpy dear~" He replied and gazed at all the newspapers. "Would you like help?" You nodded.

"When did you die again? Like what month, day..." You didn't finish the sentence, suddenly remembering the static in your head when you asked how he died.

He cleared his throat, it sounded more like he was tuning a radio. "August 24th, 1933." He said. And with that, he disappeared once more.

It took awhile to find anything from that year, you almost believed that it wasn't here, till you stumbled upon it. You started flipping through the dates one by one, which felt like it was taking to long, so you ended up skipping a few papers looking for dates closer to the one he mentioned.

By the time you found it though, the library was about to close, so you carefully put the paper in your bag so you could read it at home. You waved goodbye to the librarian and started heading home. Alastor didn't show up for the rest of the night.

When you were done with dinner, you excused yourself to your room and you pulled out the newspaper and laid it out on your desk. You flipped through the papers till something caught your eye

----