Suspicions

While walking through the city you bumped into someone. You stumbled back and looked up, about to apologize. But your words got stuck in your throat when you saw the persons eyes.

They were radio dials, staring you down menacingly. The Cheshire grin you recognized, was now sinister, cold and unfeeling. It sent a shiver of fear down your spine. You looked at his clothes, attempting to avoid eye contact and you notice fresh blood splatters on them. 

His bloody hands grabbed your shirt roughly and you tried to move away without success. He lifted you up with ease and you were struggling to get out of his grasp. You were scared.

"My, my, my, little fawn!" He said, the static in his voice was overwhelming to your ears, you almost couldn't understand him. "I've had the best entertainment with you since I was alive!"

You weren't exactly sure whether or not you should be happy about being entertaining. "Al-" He hushed you before you could say anything more.

~~~

Before anything else could happen, you woke up from your nap. You felt heavy like you woke up from a nightmare. You rolled over to see what time it was and it was nearly dinner time. 

You sat up in bed and stretched, questions racing in your head about your dream. What was the room you appeared in? And why was Alastor so....Frightening? You tried to shake off the dream as you were walking downstairs. His sinister grin never left your mind.

Your mom was at the foot of the stairs when she saw you. She seemed a bit surprised. "I was just about to call for you, dinner is ready." She smiled and laughed a bit. You managed a smile.

Walking to the kitchen, you grab a plate and some chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. It smelled delicious and made your stomach rumble. You forgot that your lunch was cut short by two demons having a fight in your room. 

You ate in silence while your parents were chatting about work and other related things. Your thoughts were still in such a jumbled mess your movements became autopilot till you went back to your room.

When you opened the door, you saw Alastor there, all smiles. You yelped in surprise. It amazed you how many times you were startled by him, you would think by now you would be used to it. He grinned slightly wider, and it made you flinch slightly, remembering his sinister look in the dream.

"How was your rest my dear?" He asked as you shut the door behind you.

"It was....decent to say the least." You didn't want to tell him about your dream. You didn't want to tell anyone about it.

"You seem bothered by something." He sat on your bed, looking at you with a slight concern. He was never good at showing emotion.

"It's nothing Al, really." You tried to end the conversation there but he was persistent.

"Are you sure? You could talk to me about it." He said calmly. You shook your head.

"I don't want to talk about it, like I said it's nothing important."

There was a moment of silence before he stood up and dusted off imaginary dust off of his coat. "I best be going, I have business to do before school tomorrow." He chuckled slightly at the mention of school and then he disappeared.

You sighed, it felt like it's been a long weekend. All you really had planned was to relax. Oh well.

(Alastor PoV 1st Person) 

I reappeared in front of the hotel and walked through the doors, strode towards charlie at the front desk. Earlier today I swear I heard (Y/n)'s voice here in hell today. But I don't remember seeing her, she's not ready for this place yet. 

"Charlie, did you do anything to (Y/n) after our little...Chat earlier today?" I asked her. She looked up at me, slightly startled. 

It took her a moment to answer. "No I haven't, why are you asking Al?" 

I sighed. "Well, earlier today, I thought I heard her down here in hell, but she's not dead yet."

She just shrugged. "Maybe you're just imagining things. She's not here."

Nodding, I let her go back to work and I exited the building to go to my home. My house was at the edge of the wooded area of the city. It's nice and quiet, and Niffty often visits to keep me company and clean. 

Once I got home, I went to my study and sat in the chair by the large window overlooking the woods.

Charlie wasn't telling the whole truth, she can't make a lie believable to save her life. Which made me wonder what did she do. And made me think about what I did to not remember seeing (Y/n).