Helpful Confrontation

(Y/n PoV 2nd person)

It's been a few days, but nothing has really changed. Rosie still irritates you, and she's starting to be more openly flirty with Alastor. And you wanted to do something about it, but you didn't know what to do. At least not yet.

Alastor seemed a bit distant and distracted lately as well. He told you that he just has a lot on his mind. Maybe that is true, but maybe some of it is Rosie. You hoped not at least.

This morning as you got dressed in your room, you spotted a journal on your dresser. You didn't have any journals that you knew about. When you walked closer to it, it resembled the empty journal you saw a dream. 

You stared at it for a few minutes, wondering what to do with it. deciding you'd look over it once you got home, you stuff the book under some clothes in your dresser so it's not found by your mom.

You continue to get ready for school and leave after saying goodbye to your mom.

~~

At school, Alastor was nowhere to be seen. He's probably going to show up late again, with Rosie. If only she could go away permanently everything would be normal.

You decided to go to the library instead of at the table this morning, you just needed some silence before school started.

Quietly reading a book on one of the empty couches, you didn't notice Alastor sit next to you till he cleared his throat, causing you to be startled.

"Hello dear~" He said, and kissed you on the cheek. You blushed a bit, causing you to look away. 

"Good morning Alastor." You said, smiling. Even through all the rough shit you've been through since he's been in your life, you couldn't help but smile while around him.

"How are you on this fine morning?" He asked, positioning his arm on the back of the couch.

"It's been...tiring." You yawned. You didn't want to tell him about the journal. To many suspicions. Something glinted in his eye, but it vanished as quickly as you saw it.

"It is morning after all." He said, side hugging you. You leaned onto his shoulder. At some point you fall asleep.

~~

You appear to be in the streets somewhere in the red hued city from the dream days ago. Looking around, it seemed to be a bit more busy than last time.

Walking down the street to who knows where. At some point, you stop in front of a store called "F̶r̶a̶n̶k̶l̶i̶n̶ and Ȓ̶̙̦̯̈́̂́o̴͉̖̖͋̀̈́͂s̸͔̆̈́i̶̻̒̀e̵͚͂͆". One name looked crossed out, and the other named looked blurry and static. 

When you looked inside of the store you saw Charlie talking to a woman who was wearing a big feathered sunhat and a long sophisticated looking dress. You couldn't see the details of her face.

Looking at Charlie, she looked frustrated and concerned. You couldn't understand the words, since you were still outside. Suddenly it looked like the person in the hat looked at you and started walking towards you. 

Panicking, you darted away, not wanting to get caught.

~~

You woke up as the class bell rung and you stood up and yawned. Al was still sitting in the spot next to where you were.

"We should get going to class Al." You said, picking up your bag and slinging it over your shoulder. He nodded and stood up, kissing your hand. You blushed slightly and you both headed to class.

Even though you tried hard to pay attention to class, your mind kept wondering off about the dream. It was like you were actually there, it almost felt real, and it also felt like the woman was staring at you intensely.

~~~

During lunch, Alastor was nowhere to be found again, he's probably making sure he turned things in correctly in his classes. You sat down at the table and it was fairly quiet. (F/n) wasn't in school today, they texted you that they were sick.

 Lizzy stands up and puts her hand on your shoulder. "Hey (Y/n), can you come with me real quick, I need to talk to you." She looked over to Jake who nodded.

You nodded too and stood up, following Lizzy to an empty hallway.

"What's up?" You asked. Lizzy made sure no one was around you guys to overhear.

"(Y/n) are you doing okay lately?" She asked.

"Uh, yeah, I've been fine Liz. I promise." You lied, no one should know about all the crazy stuff that's been happening. Your lack of sleep some nights, paranoia and just general jealousy were making you very irritable.

She made a concerning face. "Are you sure? You've seemed off ever since the walk in the woods." Sighing, she placed her hands on your shoulders.

Honestly you didn't know how long you could hide it anymore, but you hesitantly nodded. "Yes, nothing is wrong Liz." You turned around, not wanting to look at her. You didn't need help, so you thought.

She crossed her arms and looked at your back. "I know your lying (Y/n)....You know I can tell when something is bothering people. But I won't push you for information...Just tell me when you're ready okay?"

You nodded, not bothering to look her direction. The lunch bell rang, signalling the end of the break. You went back to the table to get your bag, just to see Al holding it for you, smiling once he noticed your approach.

"Where were you my dear?" He asked, handing you your bag.

"Just went to the bathroom Al, nothing to worry about." You avoided his gaze, thinking that looking at him would make you say the truth. "Let's go to class, shall we?" 

He nodded and took your hand in his as you both walked to your next class together.

(Alastor PoV 1st Person)

Something was off about (Y/n) today. After waking up from her nap on my shoulder she seems more distant. I feel like she's starting to slip away from me. Maybe that is the case, but I will get her back. I don't let my prey slip away that easily.

I over heard her conversation with that girl, Lizzy. One of my shadows followed them. (Y/n) is being a good little fawn, not telling her the problems that I've caused her. If she found out...I'm not sure what I would do, at least not yet.

Rosie wasn't here today, I wonder why. Maybe she had some business to take care of down below. Maybe she had enough of (Y/n)'s protective nature for the week. The thought made me laugh. Seeing Rosie annoyed by something is quite amusing, she's usually so well put together.

(Y/n PoV 2nd Person)

Once you got home, you remembered the journal in your room. You dropped your bag at the stairs and you went to retrieve it out of its hiding place.

When you opened the drawer and gabbed the journal, you sat on your bed and stared at it for a few minutes.

It was leather bound, though not to heavy. on the cover it had a name on it, the penmanship was fluid and precise. The name was "Alastor". So it's his journal, you wonder if it's okay to open it. 

Taking a few minutes to think about the decision, before you finally open the cover and peak inside.

~~

Sorry there were quite a few small time skips this chapter, I didn't want to bore you with 'daily life' details that don't further the plot, or make sense if I add them in. Next chapter shall be interesting~!