Days Off Part 2

The next morning you wake up with a knock at your door. You were reluctant to get out of bed. When you did try though. you ended up getting yourself tangled and nearly stuck in the mess of blankets.

When you did get out of them, you walked to your door and almost tripped along the way. Opening the door and yawning, you thought your mom or dad was at the other side telling you breakfast was ready. But when you opened your eyes you were met with a smiling Alastor. 

You had to do a double-take, Alastor was in your house, waking you up for the day. Your parents weren't home, so how did he get in your house? You looked at your clothes and blushed. You were just wearing a tank top and shorts. 

He chuckled at your frazzled state. "Good morning my dear! I made some breakfast before waking you up, I hope you enjoy pancakes." His smile was as charming as ever. You nodded.

"I'll be down after I get dressed, thank you Al." You said and he nodded, returning downstairs.

You get dressed into a comfy band shirt and jeans. You look in your mirror and tidy up your hair from looking like you just rolled out of bed then you go downstairs where Alastor is.

He was sitting at the dining table waiting for your arrival, there was a plate of pancakes in front of one of the chairs. You sat down and start eating the pancakes and thanked Alastor for making them. You still wondered how he got in your house, did your parents forget to lock the door again?

"What would you like to do today (Y/n)?" Alastor asked you. You shrugged and looked at the time. It was 8am. 

"I don't know," You yawned. Why did you wake me up so early..." You ate another piece of pancake.

"The early bird catches the worm you know." He chuckled and placed his hands behind his head, leaning back into the chair. You nodded slightly, he was right but you loved sleeping in.

The rest of the time you ate in silence, the only noise was the occasional scrape or clank from your fork hitting the plate. Once you were done eating, you rinsed it off and put it in the dishwasher.

"How about we go to an arcade then the movies?" You asked him. He thought about it before nodding. 

"Sounds like a great idea!" He stood up and pushed the chairs in. You went to get your shoes and socks on and you both went out into town.

You both chatted mostly about your life, he seemed very intrigued by you in your history. You didn't mind it really, though when you tried questioning about his history, he either hummed or answered with another question about you. Eventually you gave up asking about him.

After a bit of walking in the city, you arrive at the arcade and you buy yourself and Alastor some coins to play the machines. Since most of the kids and teens were at school, you and him were pretty much the only ones here. 

You both spend about an hour in the arcade, playing air hockey and other two-player games. He wasn't to used to all the electronics but retro arcade machines seem to be enjoyable to him. You learned that he's a bit competitive as well, which wasn't all to surprising since most of the people you knew were. 

An hour passed and both of you ran out of coins. You didn't really have much tickets, Alastor had more than you, by a lot. He walked to the prize booth while you waited outside, not bothering to trade for something. Soon he came out holding a small, white colored teddy bear. He smiled at you and handed it to you, holding it carefully.

You grinned and took it happily. "Thank you Al! You didn't have to." 

"Oh but I did, it's what a caring gentleman would do for his little darling~" You blushed at his words. He's so charming...

Attempting to regain your composure, you asked, "Do you want to go to the movies now?" He then nodded and extended his hand. You took it happily, still a bit flustered and began your journey to the theater.

~~Time skip~~

After the movies you yawn a bit. Alastor looks at you gently, pulling you into a side hug by your waist. "Getting tired? I can take you home."

You shook your head. "I don't want to go home yet, how about spending time at the stream from yesterday?" He nodded and followed you to the stream. The walk was fairly quiet this time.

When you reach the stream, Alastor sits next to you contently. You lean on him and relax. You wonder what your friends would think about you and him being a thing. You hoped that they would approve at least. It didn't really matter if they didn't accept it anyway.

Looking around, you spotted an area that seemed familiar in someway. It took a moment for you to figure out where you saw the sight from, then it hit you. It was the spot from your dream. You shiver slightly, faintly remember the red streaked water.

"Dear, are you okay?" Alastor looked down at you, his smile was small and his eyes showed concern. You nodded, reassuring him.

"Yeah, just remembering a dream..."

"Oh? Would you like to talk about it?" He asked you. You thought for a moment.

(Alastor PoV 1st person)

She thought for a moment before agreeing with a single nod. When she was explaining her dream, I had to keep myself from smiling like the maniac I am. She may be seeing premonitions of her near future and it's invigorating. 

I made myself seem fairly concerned, and I hugged her, trying to comfort her the best my dead heart could. She seemed so scared by her dream, and if I could feel, I'm pretty sure I would be more concerned. But I lost my humanity years ago.

I reassured her that everything would be fine and it was just a dream. Though I believe somehow it would happen eventually.

Time begins to pass, and we were talking about things we liked to cook. I told her about my mothers Jambalaya and how I missed her cooking. Looking up at the sky, I saw the sun lowering in the horizon. Standing up, I took her hand and pulled her up from the ground.

"I should bring you home, it's getting late and chilly." I said. She smiled.

"You're right..." She rubbed her arms and I draped my coat over her shoulders.

We walked in silence on the way home, she hugged the bear I gave her tightly. It was cute to say the least.  Even though I'm up here most of the days, it still felt a bit odd to not see people or sinners cower or awe in my presence. I'm not feared here...Not yet anyway.

(Y/n PoV 2nd person)

When you reached your house, Alastor gave you a peck on the forehead. It made you blush a bit.

"I'm afraid I won't be up here for a few days, I have things to take care of at home." His smile softened. You nodded, understanding he's a busy man.

"You told the principle that you would be away for a few days too?" You asked. He nodded.

"Be safe (Y/n), don't get in to much trouble. And don't go breaking any more noses." He chuckles and turns around, walking down the path. 

You smile to yourself and sigh contently. He's not to fearsome is he? He's been anything but scary. You turned around and headed inside your house, hoping the days would pass by quick enough to see him again.

~~~

I promise things will be more interesting from here on out~! I'm sorry if the pacing is too slow