First Blood

!-Violence/Gore warning-!

(Alastor PoV 1st person)

Over the past month, I've noticed something change about (Y/n), I think I know what happened, but I cannot say for certain unless I see it for myself. She seems more calculated than usual.

I looked over at Rosie, she looked bored and almost stone-faced. 

"What's wrong, dear Rosie?" I asked. She looked at me and sighed.

"I did what you wanted me to do Alastor, but I'm not understanding why you still want me here." She asked, confused.

I smiled. "You'll go back soon enough." And what a sight it will be.

(Y/n PoV 2nd Person)

When you got home today, you weren't all that tired. It seemed like after having the conversation with your instinct, as it called itself, you have been less tired. Sometimes you felt like you didn't need sleep.

When you put your bag on the ground, you went to your desk and sat down, contemplating on what to do.

We should do it today, there's no better time. 

You sighed and leaned forward.

Go to the kitchen and grab a knife from the rack, the biggest one.

Standing up, you headed to the kitchen. Though you felt your heart slightly sink. The feeling of guilt crept up your body, it felt cold.

You grabbed the sharpest knife you saw and stared at it. Were you really ready to murder someone?

Most of you said no, you weren't ready for it. But the instinct you made a deal with said otherwise.

Now, go into town, we'll come across her towards the evening.

"But what if we get caught?" You asked no one.

Don't worry about that, I have it all planned out.

Shrugging, you conceal the knife on your body and leave a note to your parents, in case they come home before you get back.

When you arrived in the town, it was decently active. There were mostly just small groups of people hanging around.

You were walking around the town for what seemed to be an hour when you saw Rosie by a shop window. You waved to her and she waves back to you after a moment.

"Ah, (Y/n), how are you?" She asked. She looked as flawless as ever.

"I'm doing well, want to go to the park or something? I have nothing better to do." You offered.

She thought for a moment. "I don't see why not." She smiled. Her smile seemed a bit different today. You shrugged it off and started walking.

While you two were walking to the park, you realized she was really good at keeping a conversation going. Even when you never really talked to her all that much. Not like you tried to talk to her often.

When you all reach near the park, a strange feeling started to grow in your stomach.

Lead her into the woods lining the park.

You silently nodded. "Hey, Rosie, I know a small shortcut to the park, it's this way." You pointed to a small, overgrown path through the woods.

She nodded a bit and followed you through the path. Truth is, you weren't going to the park, but making sure that Rosie couldn't find her way back to the sidewalk. You knew these overgrown trails like it's the back of your hand, since they led you to the little Creek you like to visit.

After awhile, you stopped and turned around. She looked at you questionably.

"Why did you stop?" She asked.

Pull out the knife.

And you did so, revealing the sharp blade. Your hands shook a bit. Rosie took a slight step back, but held her ground.

"What are you doing with that (Y/n)? That's a kitchen knife!"

You chuckled a bit. "Really? I couldn't tell." You lunged at her and she fell back, tripping on a root. You smiled.

She stood up, fumbling for a bit of footing and started running. The feeling in your stomach continued

Hunt her down.

And that's exactly what you did. You chases her down, and exactly as you predicted, she got lost. It was a game of cat and mouse.

You went to slash at her again, this time cutting her arm. She yelped and you giggled as you saw some blood begin to bloom on her shirt sleeve.

It went on for a few minutes, but the minutes felt like seconds to you.

Eventually you pinned her down, your knees on her hands so she isn't able to fight.

"What do you want?!" She panicked. You smiled, giggling.

"I want you gone!"  You stabbed her shoulder and held a hand over mouth so her screams were muffled. The feeling in your stomach started to fade and you started to feel satisfied.

Tears formed in her eyes as you kept stabbing her. Her screams turning into whimpers as blood flowed almost endlessly over sweaty skin. The sight was sickeningly pleasing.

"Hrk-!" She wheezed when you dealt the final blow, stabbing straight into her heart. Her body shuddered below you then stopped moving all together.

After a moment, you stood up and started laughing to yourself. You actually did it. You killed someone.

You then bent over and vomited near a tree. The smell of the red-iron liquid made you queasy. It's something you have to get used to at some point.

Regaining composure, you started walking to the creek to wash off the knife and your hands. Those were the only things that got blood on them surprisingly, besides Rosie.

When you reached the creek, you crouched down, washing off any evidence that you were the one who caused damage. When you were done, you stood up and concealed the knife again.

"How did it feel?" A voice suddenly asked. The voice made you jump, causing you to take out the knife again and spin around. You relaxed when you saw Alastor standing there, with his hands behind his back. You then tried to hide the knife again. He chuckled and stepped closer.

"Did you forget dear, I was a serial killer too. There's nothing to hide."

You nodded. "Right, I forgot about that..." You his the knife again and rubbed the back of your head.

"So...? How was it?" He asked again.

You couldn't help but smile. "It felt amazing."