Strange Shadows

Class was more quiet without Alastor in school, it's like he was the life of the class. No one was asking so many questions, you missed it. You could also tell that the girls in your classes missed him too, attempting to sneak glances over to his desk. It made your blood hot, he was yours. Though you did your best to ignore them, not wanting to be suspended again.

During lunch your friends asked what happened when you got in a fight with the ex-cheerleader. You told them what Alastor told you and how you got all your bruises. (F/n) looked like she wanted to rip off the girl's head, and to be fair, you wanted to as well.

After lunch, you look outside the window to the scenery during your next class. This side of the school was facing a small bit of woods where some of the stoners would like to hang out in the mornings. The sight was pretty and calm. 

Though there was something different. You couldn't spot it right away, you just felt something was oddly off about the wooded area. Just when you were going to look back at your notebook, you see something move between the trees. But when you tried to focus on the movement, it disappeared. Maybe you'll check it out after school.

Your friends wondered where Al was, you shrugged your shoulders, assuming that he wouldn't want people knowing he's skipping school. He didn't even fully tell you why he's leavng for a few days either. He's a mystery.

When school ended, you waited for most of the students to leave till you decided to investigate the wooded area at the side of the school. The chilly fall air made your face cold and you shrugged your bag more on your shoulder.

Walking into the trees the quiet was peaceful, you wish you were here more often. Maybe take your friends here to hang out some time.

Strolling through the trees, you didn't notice anything weird. Not even the shadow you spotted earlier today. Maybe it was just some guy passing by who you happened to see through the window.

Just as you were about to leave the area to head home, you spotted a shadow in the distance. When you looked at it, it had a dark figure of a deer, but the eyes were glowing red. The shadow was also staring at you, and when it noticed you, it ran away like you were going to hurt it. 

You try to pursue the shadow, but when you arrived at its spot, it was nowhere to be seen. You looked around to try and find it again but with no success. You moved forward, about to look for it somewhere else when you see a figure in the distance.

It was different than the deer. The figure was taller, and looked human, it had a weird, unsettling grin on it's figure accompanied by the same glowing eyes that the deer had. You stepped back a bit, having a feeling something bad would happen if you approached that thing.

The figure laughed, low and menacingly as it vanished into black fog. You decide to speed walk away from the fog and where the creature stood. You remembered that this was a back way to your house, though it's hardly used because your mom forced you to take the bus in the morning instead. 

Making sure it was safe, you slowed your pace. You were at slight unease, because you didn't want that figure to follow you home. You didn't know if it could hurt you or anything, and you didn't want to take your chances with it.

While walking, you heard some rustling by some near plants. You didn't pay any mind to it, thinking it was most likely just a squirrel or a bird. Shortly after you heard the noise, the shadow deer appeared by your side, causing you to jump back a bit and nearly yelp from being startled. 

You sighed, not minding the deer, it didn't look like it was going to harm you at all so you let it walk by your side. It was a peacefully quiet walk, the strange deer walking next to you stayed as silent as ever, occasionally looking your way.

Suddenly, you couldn't see the deer at the side of your vision anymore, it seemed to disappear. You look at the direction you last saw it and you stopped dead in your tracks. You looked up and saw the tall humanoid figure from before. It stared down at you, with the menacing grin and it felt like the color from your face drained.

It went to reach for you but you bolted before it could grab your arm. You didn't hesitate to stop either, you just continued running to home. Everything was a blur passed you as you ran, then you tripped over an exposed root, launching you forwards and tumbling down an incline. You covered your head with your arms as you fell.

You stopped rolling down the incline with a thud. Your arms and legs ached and you lied there for a minute, gaining back your senses. Slowly, you stood up, wincing at the aches your limbs felt. It's not like you needed anymore bruises covering your body right?

You groaned, and started walking towards your house. It's into view now, and you now know why your mom doesn't like you taking the back woods to school, because of that incline. You don't plan on walking home through the woods anytime soon.

Closing the back gate to the yard, you sigh in relief and trudge into your house. 

"I'm home!" You called.

"(Y/n)! Your home! Where were-" As your mom walked in, her face turned from happy to concerned and worried. "What happened?"

"Uh...I fell down the incline behind the house, I wanted to walk home from school today. I forgot that incline was there." You chuckle weakly. She shook her head.

"I told you that was dangerous didn't I?" She asked. You nodded.

Yes she did, but she didn't say anything about a shadow deer and a shadow humanoid that likes chasing people.

You told her that you're fine and you headed up to your room. When you got there you threw your bag to the side and sighed, leaning against your door. It's been an eventful walk home to say the least. 

You walk to your window and look out to the woods behind your house. The leaves, now golden and red with the changing weather, shine brightly from the sun. You look lower to the base of the trees and you see the figure staring at you, it's grin never left. The deer was next to it, also seemed like it was staring in your direction. Deeper in the shadows of the woods, you could swear you saw some more glowing red eyes staring at you. 

Unnerved, you shut your curtains and turn off your light. You could skip dinner, you're too tired, worn out and aching to walk downstairs anyway.

~~