Jealousy

You didn't sleep well last night, you believe you didn't sleep at all. You kept waking up from little nightmares with Rosie and Alastor. In the dream, one you remember, they looked happier together, Alastor looked happier to be with her.

You shook your head, trying to rid the thoughts as you walked to the breakfast table, Alastor was already there. He's always the first one to school. Al had a wide smile as you approached the table, he chuckled when he noticed how tired you looked. Groaning, you put your bag on the table and used it as a pillow.

You yawn and hug your bag, closing your eyes, for hopefully some rest before classes start. 

"Not even a good morning from (Y/n)? I feel wounded!" Al chuckled and leaned back, faking a stab wound to the heart. You looked at him, ever so slightly annoyed. 

"I didn't sleep last night Al, I'm sorry. Good morning." You yawned again and leaned over the table.

At some point you dozed off, not even the sound of a busy cafeteria woke you up. You don't remember dreaming of anything, not even about Alastor.

You wake up laying on a couch in the library. Your bag was next to the couch, leaning against a side table. You sit up, yawning and look around. The only people there were the two librarians.

"Mrs.Lenore, how did I get here?" You asked as you approached the desk. She looked up from the book she was reading and she tiredly smiles.

"One of your friends carried you in here to rest, he said you didn't sleep at all last night and the cafeteria is so loud. At least you had study hall this morning, or else I would have woken you up sooner." She replied. You nodded and looked over. Al must've carried you here then, you smile to yourself and go back to the couch and pull out a small sketchbook.

You start sketching some random hand positions as warm ups. You were focused on drawing and didn't notice someone across from you on the other couch. They cleared their throat and you looked up seeing Rosie sitting there calmly, with her legs crossed. You looked not amused.

"What do you want?" You asked, sounding a bit annoyed. You didn't want to deal with her today, or ever.

She smiled, and sighed slightly. "I'm afraid we didn't get on a good start the other day, would you like to become friends?" 

You looked at her suspiciously, and she returned the stare, waiting for an answer. You didn't know if you actually wanted to be friends with her, you felt like something bad was going to happen somehow.

You sighed and shrugged. "Fine, whatever." You placed your sketchbook in your bag and grabbed it, starting towards the library doors. "See you around Rosie." You called as you walked out, you felt like someone was staring daggers into your back.

~~Time skip~~

Sitting down at the table during lunch, you huffed. It was a long morning, and you were still tired, even with that morning nap. You didn't look as bad though, so that's a plus. As everyone else sat down, you noticed that Al wasn't there next to you. 

Scanning the cafeteria for his face, you asked to no one in particular, "Do you know where Al is?" 

Jake and Lizzy shook their heads. You turned to (F/n), who didn't respond. They looked at you questionably.

"Did you not hear what I asked?" They shook their head.

"Oh! Yeah, I know where they are! They're on the blacktop outside." They said.

You sit there wondering why he was outside in the first place, he's not an outdoors person. At least you thought he wasn't. You could be wrong since you never ask about his life.

The table was oddly quiet, since you all are used to Al striking up conversations about anything. You didn't like the change much, you didn't like the quiet.

After lunch was over you were heading to class, you glanced out window looking out over the blacktop. You spotted Alastor and Rosie under a tree on the side of the blacktop, they looked happy, chatting away and laughing together. It made your stomach turn in jealousy. You didn't like her being so close and so care free.

It made you want to hurt someone or something. You turn and continue walking to class. There's no way you were truly going to be friends with her, but what's the harm in pretending?

~~

A short chapter tonight, it would've been longer but I didn't want it to get boring. Till next time~