Reacquainted

School life did get more interesting throughout the day. And Alastor seemed to enjoy it. It seemed like he enjoyed history the most. Maybe because he died before major events happened in the states and world. 

Today during lunch you were sitting at the table with your friends chatting away when suddenly someone sits next to you. You didn't notice at first but Lizzy did. 

"What do you need?" She stated, she wasn't to fond of most people besides us. (F/n) looked curiously at the new person and Jake looked unfazed. The person next to you chuckled, you realized it was Alastor.

"I'm a new student here, and I wanted to sit with the only person I know from classes, is that wrong?" He replied to her, his smile widened slightly. She shook her head.

"(Y/N)! You didn't tell us you made a new friend!" (F/n) beamed. "Can I be your second friend here?" They asked him. He nodded.

"A friend of (Y/n)'s is a friend of mine." 

That earned a happy noise from (F/n). You sigh a bit, trying to ignore the situation. He looks at you contently.

"So what's your name new kid?" Jake asked him. That was a question you didn't want Alastor to answer.

"My name is Alastor, it's a pleasure to meet you all." He smiled like a showman. Hopefully they don't remember the name, though when you looked at them they showed a sense of recognition. You internally groaned.

"That name sounds familiar..." (F/n) says. "But I can't remember where I heard it from. Lizzy and Jake nod.

"Maybe it's best if you don't remember, if you forgot it must not be to important." You stated, still eating your lunch. Alastor nodded agreeing with you.

"So Alastor, What's your favorite class?" Lizzy asked, poking at her salad.

"Hm..." He put his finger on his chin, thinking. "I think it's History. It's fastinating~!" He said leaning back and drumming his fingers on the table.

"History?" Jake laughed. "That's one of the most boring classes! I fall asleep easily." 

Alastor shrugged. "I like learning about humanities struggles." Lizzy looked like him like he was crazy, which in fairness, he was. But no one else needed to know that.

He looked at you with slight concern. "(Y/n), are you okay? You haven't said much."

Truth be told you didn't know if you were fine. Your crush is sitting next to you, your crush is a demon and he's now going to the same school as you. It's still foreign to see his human face instead of the demon one you talked to so much. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, just thinking of some classes. There's a project in art that I need to start on when I get home." You said. It was only partly a lie. You did need to work on a project on that class.

The bell rung and you all stand up and wave at your friends, Alastor still standing next to you. You side-eye him, slightly annoyed. He grins like he's innocent and didn't steal cookies from the cookie jar.

"You're lucky they don't remember where they heard your name." You sighed and turned around, walking to your next class.

"Maybe there's a reason for that." He chuckled, looking at his hands. "Looking human feels so strange..." He mumbled.

"What do you mean by 'there's a reason for that'? Did you erase their memories or something?" You looked at him. 

"Well, maybe~" He cooed. His change of voice made you blush a bit.

The rest of the way to class was in silence, besides Alastor humming some tunes. You nodded along to the tune and you both entered the class and sat down. Some of the girls looked at him a bit flirtatiously, which caused a pang of jealously to form in your body.

One of the popular girls looked at him like a snack. They stood up and walked up to him, which made you annoyed. You didn't really like her. 

In the most chipper voice she could manage she said, "Hey Al~ Would you like to hang out with my friends and I after school~?" She sounded almost flirtatious, which pissed you off. But you looked calm and collected.

"I'm afraid I have to decline your offer miss. I plan on taking (Y/n) home." Alastor replied, making you feel better. The girl gave you a dirty look and leaned closer to him.

"why hang out with that goodie loser? She's a teachers pet." She said coolly. She's just trying to get under your skin at this point, and she knows it. She smiled at you, looking like she just won a prize. Alastor didn't even really react to her.

"The 'Teacher's pet' as you call her, is my friend here. I would like it if you left us alone." Alastor's smile seemed to widen, and his eyes showed annoyance. She was oblivious to it. She just leaned in to touch him, trying to change his mind by being a slut.

"Aren't I your friend to Al~?" She put her hands on his shoulder and moved closer to his ear. "I can show you a good time~" 

You barely caught what she said, but when the words sunk in, your jealousy and rage boiled over.