Days Off Part 1

The next day, you decide to take a stroll through town. Maybe look around some stores too. 

After awhile you found yourself at a book store, walking through the shelves trying to find a book that caught your eye. You read most of the books you had at home, and you wanted something new, fresh and different. 

As you were looking through the shelves, your mind started drifting off to Alastor and the dream you had last night. You shivered slightly, remembering the victim in the dream and the faint smell of iron.

Thinking about Alastor however, made butterflies form in your stomach and blush a bit. honestly you found his human form cute and not at all intimidating. Even though those thoughts can very well be your demise, given what he is, you didn't care at all. You kind of wanted to date him too. 

You were lost in thought and you didn't notice Alastor walk up to you. You were reading an excerpt from a book you picked up from the shelf. He tapped you on the shoulder and you jumped, almost throwing the book in the air. When you saw it was just him, you sighed in relief and leaned on one of the shelves.

"Don't scare me like that!" You said, slightly glaring at him. He just grinned. His eyes looked amused.

"Sorry darling~ It's so amusing to see you all jumpy~" He purred. Butterflied erupted in your stomach again, causing you to blush and look away. He stepped closer, his devilish smile widened and suddenly he kissed your cheek.

Your face turned tomato red, and you had no where to hide. You looked at Alastor, stumbling over your words till you made yourself shut up. You just looked at him like a deer in headlights.

(Alastor PoV 1st Person)

I kissed (Y/n) on the cheek, simply for a reaction. The result was priceless, seeing her flustered and tomato red was amusing, I had to hold back my laughter. She stared at me like a deer in headlights, the sight made me want to prolong the insanity just a bit longer, so I could see those wide, life-filled eyes.

Soon they'll change into something more chaotic and violent. I just need to chip away at her sanity...

I approach her again, my smile a bit softer as I take her hands in mine. They were soft and smooth. "Would you like to...Date?" I asked awkwardly. Emotions aren't in my forte, they're rather foreign. When I looked at her, she was blushing uncontrollably again, and smiling like an idiot.

Now she looks fully dressed, with that smile. She nodded and hugged me tightly. I stiffened at first, not used to such contact, but I force myself to relax. The plan is unfolding more...

(Y/n PoV 2nd Person)

When Alastor asked if you two could date, your stomach did many happy flips, pretty sure you were grinning like an idiot. You nodded and hugged him tightly, relieved that he felt the same way as you did. 

When you pulled away, his smile was small, looking down at you happily. You smiled back and dragged him out of the store.

You and Alastor casually have a conversation, mostly about history. He seemed fascinated by major history events that happened after he died. He heard of few of the names in books down in hell but never knew what happened. When you were talking about WWII, he looked like he had to contain his insane laughter when you mentioned the genocide. It made you slightly awkward, how else were you supposed to react towards a cray boyfriend?

Eventually you found yourself in the woods, following a path to a stream you start humming a song. It was a song you heard on the jazz radio one day. Alastor looked pleasantly surprised.

"I didn't know you liked Jazz (Y/n)! You don't strike me as the type." He said, looking around the trees. You shrugged.

"I hop around music genre's. I listen to pretty much anything." You stretched and came to a spot near the stream and sat on a rock, he followed you and sat next to you, still eyeing the trees and bushes, you giggle a bit. "There's no dogs around, don't worry." You pat his shoulder and he looked at you and gave a small smile.

"That's good..." He sighed and leaned back, his head tilted towards the sky. He looked blissful. A funny term for what he is.

You relax too, looking at the stream. Your thoughts wandered around, finally settling on the dream from last night. It unsettled you, like the time where you had those reoccurring dreams about Alastor. You hope that this didn't mean anything, that it was just a dream and not a premonition.

Honestly you could stay here forever if people and responsibilities would let you. In peace and away from the stress. You're actually glad you got suspended. And your bruises don't hurt at the moment either. You covered them up in concealer and foundation, so people wouldn't stare at you in public.

Alastor cleared his throat. "My dear, we should be going, before it gets to dark." he extended a hand to you. You nodded and took it, standing up from your sitting position. You guided Alastor and yourself out of the woods and onto the sidewalk. 

You both start walking home hand in hand. The feeling was foreign, but happily welcomed. The walk was mostly silent, you didn't know what to say majority of the time. Maybe tomorrow will be less awkward for you both.

When you reached your porch, you turned around, looking up at his ever-smiling face. "Thank you for walking me home Alastor." 

He nodded. "I wouldn't be a proper gentleman if I didn't walk a beautiful lady home, now would I~!" He chuckled a bit, you smiled.

"I suppose not." You rub your arm a bit. "Would I see you tomorrow?" 

"Of course my dear!" He laughed.

"But what about school?" You asked. 

He waved his hand dismissively. "I've got it taken care of. I'll be taking a 'sick day' as you call it."

You nodded. "I see. Well, I'll be seeing you tomorrow then! Good night Alastor." You went to turn around but he stopped you, and placed a kiss on your forehead. You blushed.

"Good night my dear~" He smiled brightly then turned away, walking down the drive. You sighed contently and walked into your house quietly.

When you closed the door, your mom was there almost in an instant. Her question startled you. "Who was that boy (Y/n)? Should I be worried?" 

You shook your head. "He's just a friend I was hanging out with, he's a new kid in school." Your mother nodded.

"Alright, as long as he doesn't hurt you." She sighed and goes back into the living room. 

You go up to your room and close the door. You're getting tired but you don't want to sleep yet, you've been skipping dinner lately because you keep falling asleep.

Sitting at your desk, you get out some of your homework and start doing that to distract yourself from sleep.