Drawings and Dreams

( Y/n PoV 2nd person) *WARNING* *Towards the end of this chapter it gets a bit graphic*

Since that interaction, you decided to look more into that era of time through their music. You never really listened to jazz, or swing, never really listened anything outside of (favorite genre). It felt refreshing. Alastor told you some of his favorite songs when he was alive.

You even looked to the internet for more about him, though you didn't really find anything new from what you already found out. You did find a colored picture of him though. Fluffy brown hair and brown eyes. You did secretly find him a bit cute, even though he was a murderer.

Some of your friends questioned why the sudden interest in jazz and you shrugged, claiming that your dad wanted you to try some out and you ended up liking it. 

"I didn't know your dad liked jazz." Jake said. You pick at your lunch not really that hungry.

"Yeah, he doesn't seem the type." Lizzy added.

"He listens to all kinds of music." You said, grabbing a strawberry.

(F/n) comes by and sits next to you like they always do. "Is something wrong (Y/n)? You seem a bit down today." 

You shake your head. "I'm just tired (F/n). Nothing to serious." 

They simply nodded and started eating their food. It was a rather quiet lunch day, besides Jake and Lizzy chattering to themselves.

The rest of the day was quite uneventful, you ended up drawing a sketch of Alastor because you had nothing better to do. You didn't really pay attention to what you were drawing till you were done. It kind of startled you, since you got most of his details right, just from memory.

You stuff the drawing in your binder and sigh, waiting for the bell to ring, it should ring soon at least. You ended up falling asleep waiting for the bell to ring.

"(Y/n?)" Someone called. You open your eyes slightly and stretched.

"Yes?" You say while yawning.

"School ended a few minutes ago, you need to go." You looked up and saw the teacher looking down at you with a worn out expression on their face.

"R-right, yes I'm sorry I fell asleep." You say while getting up to pack your things. The teacher only nodded and went back to their desk.

When you got home you went to your room and dropped your bag, you took out the drawing and set it on your desk next to the newspaper you never really bothered to return. you go over and turn on your radio to some jazz station and you sit on your bed debating what to do.

You ended up grabbing one of your sketchbooks and you start doodling things that didn't really make sense. Whatever popped in your head.

You ended up falling asleep while drawing.

You appear outside of a dense looking forest. You look around and notice that it's just starting to turn dusk. You look down at yourself and find you're wearing a dark blue 1930's style dress. You take in your surroundings and atmosphere, it's a bit on the warm side tonight.

All of a sudden you hear yelling from a distance. You run towards where you heard the yelling and the few gunshots. You had to cover your ears from the noise. You got closer to the noise and briefly saw a tall lanky man with a mop of brown hair enter the forest. Alastor?

As dumb as it is, you go running after him. Damn he's faster than you thought. You ran faster to catch up to him, even though it made your leg muscles ache. When you approached him he turned around, sweat covering his face and his ever-smile seemed strained. He chuckled a bit.

"What's a pretty lady like you doing out here chasing a killer?" He said, catching his breath.

"Honestly, I don't know. But I know what's going to happen to you." You said, grabbing his arm. He flinched and tried to grab the knife he had on his belt. You shook your head and pulled him along while you continued to run.

"Why are you helping me?" He asked between breathes.

You shook your head, not sure why you're helping him at all.

Suddenly, you start hearing the howls and barking of dogs, you push Alastor in front of you. "Keep going! And don't stop, I'll make a diversion." You said as you turned around.

He nodded. "Thank you.." He said before running off. You start running in a different direction and you heard the dogs come closer. You continue running and suddenly a blur of black fur catches your eye. You look at which direction it went and the mass lands in front of you, baring their teeth and growling at you.

You instinctively took a step back, then you heard another growl behind you. You stop in your tracks, looking for a way to escape or fight, but you didn't have a knife like he does. You see a small clearing between the dogs and you decide to try and run for it. 

The dogs chase after you, it wasn't like you could chase them away from you if you tried. You keep running till you trip on a tree root and you land on your arms and legs. Barely having time to prop yourself up and turn around, the weight of the dogs hits you, causing you to loose your breath. You try to get up but one of the dogs bites your arm and scream bloody murder, probably loud enough for Alastor to hear at least faintly.

After that bite, the other dogs joined in and started tearing me to shreds, I screamed in endlessly pain till you could only gurgle. Your vision went dark.

You wake up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily and looking up at the ceiling. You took a moment to just lay there and calm yourself down. The jazz you had on played in the background while you relaxed and sat up. 

Looking at your lap you see the sketches you did, some of them were of Alastor, his demon form and human form. Others were just little flowers or hand practice.

Sighing heavily, you get up and look at the clock on your dresser. It read 1:00am. Apparently you didn't wake up for dinner, you didn't even know when you fell asleep. You decided to go to the kitchen to grab a cold glass of water to clear your parched throat.