13 - Passing Grade

After getting picked up by Bruno, she finally made it home, the lighter still in her hands.

"Oh, hey Y/N! Finished the test?", Mista greeted.

Y/N shook her head.

"No, I still need to keep this lighter on till tomorrow", she answered as she held up a lit lighter.

"Really? That test again? Why won't he change his trial! I had to do the exact same test!", Narancia grumbled.

"So, I'm guessing you'll meet him again at 3 PM if you succeeded", Bruno commented.

By now, it was dinner time.

She found out that they waited for her until they could eat, which was really nice.

But before she could eat, she ran up to her room.

She thought she could use Giorno's idea.

With a piece of bread in her hands, she took a bite out of the top and placed the lighter in it enough for it to stay still.

'Burrowing' a few books from Fugo, she placed them right side up so that any air wouldn't blow it.

She sighed in relief.

What she's been through today, she thought about as she came down the stairs.

The anime finally started.

Bruno met Giorno, Y/N finally taking a step to becoming an official gang member, and Rolling Stones probably finally done its prediction.

If she can pass the test, then she can finally fulfill the fate that she was chosen to do.

'Ah fuck, too much pressure'

Shyness would start to become a word to her. It didn't really mean anything now.

Mostly just anxiety but she isn't that afraid anymore to start a conversation, much less save some teen's ass.

The gang sat in the dining table, ready to eat whatever there was.

For this day's dish was Carbonara, for a small celebration for Y/N's trial.

Let's just say, it was delicious.

~•~

Y/N held the lit lighter in her hands.

Bruno drove her to the prison to bring back the lighter, Giorno waiting in the front.

"Ready?", Giorno asked the girl. She nodded in response.

The two placed the lit lighters in the opening in the metal door.

"Someone gifted me a special-order pizza", Polpo's voice resonated.

There he sat, eating a pizza his size, chomping it down from sheer hunger, soon slurping it until there was nothing.

Giorno and Y/N looked away in disgust as Polpo burped.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. Let's say, you were...", Polpo started as he opened a fridge.

"Giorno... Y/N, uh-", Polpo thought out loud.

"Giorno Giovanna and Y/N L/N" Giorno answered.

'Thank you, bro didn't want to talk shit today'

"Ah, yes. Sorry about that", Polpo apologized as he opened a banana peel.

"My head goes blank when I eat", he did so, eating the banana and an apple.

"Perhaps it's because all my blood goes to my stomach".

Giorno glanced at the fridge.

Polpo sighed. "Since yesterday I noticed that all of my drinks made me so thirsty", Polpo muttered