chapter 3 - all the reasons why

I rested my back against the car seat.

He got in afterwards, taking the wheel.

He glanced at me, raising a brow.

"Rough day?"

I shook my head no, replying shortly.

"Just tired"

He nodded in understanding, placing the keys in the ignition, the car vibrating to life.

I closed my eyes with a hum, the breeze of the air conditioner massaging my skin.

I felt the car move, slowly gaining speed.

I peeked open an eye out, slightly glancing at him.

After all these years, he didn't seem to grow old.

It could just be my imagination, but he looked really young for his age.

How long have I known him?

I wonder.

The silence in the air only grew thicker.
Risotto had ordered Giorno to heal his companion with a stern expression, his build causing the young blonde to be somewhat nervous.

"OW— FUCK YOU!", Ghiaccio exclaimed, aggressively pushing Giorno away and Golden Experience pulling its hand back and stopped healing. "I can't heal you if you keep doing that", the teen sighed. "YOU JUST SUCK AT DOING IT!"

The injured male had told of his journey here, how they had lost another colleague. It was quite a frightening moment, all the men had been on their guard. They all grew suspicious of any way that passes by.

"Then Pesci yelled, and then he was suddenly fucking bleeding!", Ghiaccio had told earlier. Before he was healed, his fingers were twitching quite a bit, and his legs fidgeting on his seat.

He didn't show it through his angered face, but he was anxious.

"So, the Stand that attacked you and Pesci was a long-ranged", Risotto cleared. "Fuck yeah! They're a chicken ass bitch", the blue-haired man scoffed.

"What was the Stand's appearance?", Bruno questioned. The man rolled his eyes in reply, "How the fuck should I know? Every time I turn we both suddenly get injured"

"But your injuries say the answer", Giorno interrupted. "The fuck do you mean?", Ghiaccio turned to him.

"Most of your wounds come from what looks like bite marks. Yet all of them have different sizes", he informed. "It might be a shark jaw"
"How the hell do you know that?", Leone snarled. "It's just a hunch", Giorno replied weakly.

"Well that pisses me off even more", Ghiaccio shook.

If Y/N were, to be honest with herself, Ghiaccio seemed a bit better off without his glasses. Sure, he needed that to see, but it fits him better.

"Why the hell are you staring at me", The female Elsa waved his hand around Y/N's view. She snapped out of her odd thoughts, feeling the heat of embarrassment when she realized that she was just staring.

With an ashamed sigh, she turned her head away from him, obtaining an odd look on Ghiaccio's face.

She finally had time to think.
It's only been a while since her near-death experience. Less than an hour or more. The thought of her home drives her nuts, as to how she had just died in her sleep.

It was a good thing that Y/N was half-conscious right after the boss's hit. If she wasn't, Bruno would be a walking corpse.
And the encounter with Jotaro in the apartment, obtaining trust from him. He gave the most encouraging speech to her to drive her forward.