chapter 7 - because you're one of a kind

"Are you alright?"

His voice shattered the memories.

When I turned to face him, his expression turned into a worried frown.

"You're crying"

"I am?"

I wiped the warm tears that stained my face, my eyes red from crying.

"I told you to stop doing that", he looked back to the road.

"I know. I can't help it sometimes"

"I thought you would forgot about it."

He glared at me as if he knew what I was thinking.

"You know... That incident"

"You really are a monster"

Y/N's gasped for air.

She jerked herself awake. She greedily sucked in air, her lungs tight in her chest. The feeling of sudden confusion washed over her. Cold beads of sweat trickled down her face, and her eyes shot wide open.

"Y/N?", a voice called out to her with a quiet tone.

The called female turned to the voice, meeting eye to eye with the girl younger than her that sat at the other end of the couch. "Trish?", Y/N breathed. The other teen sighed with relief, thankful that Y/N seemed alive and well. Y/N caught a smile that lasted for a second before she went back to her poker face.

"How do you feel?", she asked calmly. Still, in confusion and shock, Y/N replied, "Uhm. Fine— er okay, I guess", unsure of what to say.

"You've been asleep for a while now", Formaggio called from behind the girl. Y/N blinked profusely, her world still confused. "For how long, exactly?"

"Not too long. We're on the way to the airport now", Illuso replied, as he was just beside him. Y/N blinked again. "Airport?— oh. Right"

Y/N scratched her head embarrassingly, looking down in dissatisfaction. But instead, she noticed a faint numbness around the knife wound. There wasn't any bleeding, nor any pain. She gently touched her abdomen, the wound gone as if it was never there.

But she also noticed the blanket that laid on her body. As well as the jacket that hangs on her shoulders. It was coral red and a few pins on the shoulder.

'Is this Formaggio's?'

But, there was something else that caught her attention.

Narancia laid on Y/N's thigh, silently snoozing. A trail of dry tears painted under his eyes, and his expression was somewhat agitated. He had his cheek rubbed on her thigh, and a hand placed on the other. He sat on a chair, and Y/N was laid on the couch.

"Erm— Should I wake him up?", Y/N questioned, slightly poking his bicep. She heard a chuckle erupt from Formaggio.

Half asleep, Narancia woke up from slight movements. He let out a "huh?", before she looked up, confused as to why something was out of the ordinary and out of place.