28 - Deep Sleep

Y/N's

I gently opened my eyes, fluttering as it adjusted to the sudden lighting.

"Where am I?", I asked myself.

I groaned while I narrowed my eyes, shielding my eyes from the lights.

I wasn't fully aware of where I was, maybe it's just the lighting. I really can't see much.

I figured that I was on a chair of some sort, soft and cozy against my body. It wasn't long before I forced myself to sit upright.

Once I finally got used to the light, my eyes darted around my surroundings.

I was in a pretty spacious room. Types of Furniture were separately placed among the space, there were couches, a coffee table, cabinets, and even a mini-fridge.

"Wait, this isn't just a room", I gasped at my sudden realization.

"I'm inside Coco Jumbo!"

I have no memory of what happened earlier. Or before I even came in here. Although, I knew that I would reach my answer once I exit.

"Y/N", a voice called out to me from behind.

I hurriedly twirled around, startled as to who called me, only to see no one other than Bruno Bucciarati.

I sighed in relief.

"Oh, Bucciarati", I started.

'What does he want?', I ask myself out of curiosity.

"Is there... anything you need?", I asked. He didn't reply.

I stared at me directly, not breaking eye contact.

Bruno looked at me with a glare he has never shown anyone.

Something's off.

Definitely.

He took a step forward, then another, and then another, fastening his pace each time.

Then in a flash, he raced towards me, footsteps heavy on the creaky floor.

His words took me off guard.

"You damn traitor!".

And before I had realized his true intentions, he strikes with a force that directly hit my face.

I let out a painful gasp as I banged my head against the wall from the impact of his punch.

I managed to raise my head up, despite the pain. I felt a loose tooth inside my own mouth, a salty liquid blocking my taste.

I was startled when Bruno's foot stepped in between my legs. He crouched to my level, before going ahead and giving me another punch to the stomach instead, slightly knocking me upward.

At the angle that he hit me on the stomach, I had felt liquid with chunks swelling up to my throat. I felt the urge to puke.

I managed to drink the digested food back down my stomach.

I inhaled sharply, which only resulted in blood when I slightly coughed.

I felt such enormous pain.

I needed to breathe...

"I thought I could trust you", Bruno continued in a furious manner.

Blood flowed down my mouth, droplets hitting the floor.

Bruno's eyebrows were knitted with anger, a scowl across his mouth.

"I thought we could trust you", he spat out as his fist clenched.