chapter 1 - close your eyes

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
.

I didn't hear the sound of footsteps behind me.

I promptly whirled around, surprised at all the noise and was met face to face with him.

I stepped back a bit, startled.

"You scared me", I blurted.

His lips were curved into a smile while chuckling.

I grumbled under my breath while I annoyingly watched him.

Once he halted, he immediately surveyed the area he was brought to.

"This place feels nostalgic", he told me.

I glared at him in the eye with a raised brow, soon acknowledging what he meant.

"It's been a while since then", I said in a wide grin.

He watched me laugh as I remembered the first time we met.

Bruno felt his face hot with anger.

Not just his face though, but his entire body.

The moment he struck at her, he was left in misery.

She watched her fall on her knees, blood flowing from her wound. Her body shook from the pain, and she was left to die.

His throat was stuck, and only one noise left him.

"Y/N!"

One by one his legs drew him nearer, heart beating quick enough to leave his chest. His legs ached at every step, but he needed to go to her.

He cried out in outrage, glaring at the boss with immense resentment.

The bitterness in his heart became bigger, the guilt was heavier than before.

But it only grew more once he saw King Crimson's leg lift up.

With a swift movement, his leg smacked Y/N's back, causing her to be forcefully kicked towards Bruno.

He halted in his place, having the girl tumble in front of him.

He rushed to her, kneeling down while he caught her. Her body was limp and weak, her head was resting on his shoulder.

He felt the warmness of the liquid from the palm of his hand that laid on her back.

The man's breathing started to become unstable, his head pounding at what he had just saw.

The stress and anger he felt couldn't be explained. Just the sight of her being hurt in front of him led him to madness.

He was so lost in his thoughts, that he didn't realize that the boss was gone from his scenery.

He only knew it once he felt a severe pain strike him from behind.

"There is no use. You two can die here together"