35 - The Worst Is Coming

Did they hear that correctly?

That's impossible, right?

There's no way-

"You ain't fucking with us, are you?!", Ghiaccio shattered the silence.

A shriek was heard from the other end. Inaudible noises called out and the call echoed like a fall. The three remained silent, alarmed at the two words that Pesci had just announced.

But Y/N had it harder.

Her voice harshly inhaled while she sharply exhaled. Blurry eyes expanded, staring at the phone that illuminated Pesci's contact info.

'YOU CAN'T BRING BACK SOMEONE WHO WAS DESTINED TO DIE'

The sentence flashes in her mind.

Was that true?

Prosciutto... and now Melone?

"Hey, Pesci! Answer us!", Formaggio roared. A clearer answer was heard. "Hey, Melone!"

Shaking was listened to, the creaking of a wooden floor following its movements. The man on the other end snatched the phone abruptly, halting whatever he was doing to talk.

"I-I don't know how this happened!", Pesci blurted.

Ghiaccio grumbled, "Is he actually dead?!"

"Y-yeah! H-he-", Pesci shivered.

"It looks like someone choked him!" he completed his sentence.

"Was it really an assassin?!", Formaggio exclaimed, in which Pesci responded, "Definitely!".

Ghiaccio made the phone closer to him, "Where the fuck are you right now?!".

"At an empty apartment! We hoped no one would suspect him here but they somehow found Melone!", Pesci shouted his response.

Formaggio massaged his temples, stepping back. He rasped through a sigh while tapping his foot. Grumbling to himself, "How the hell could this have happened".

Ghiaccio kept shouting back questions and having Pesci stutter the answers.

Everything became distorted.

Like the TV static echoing from the living room television.

And Y/N stood in the middle.

Ready to break at any given moment.

It's funny.

After all of her hard work, it still didn't pay off.

And she had to have another die just like that.

It's funny.

How she put so much effort into having her desired wish to have everyone alive.

Just to have two die.

It's funny.

How she sacrificed her own self just to be the enemy.

It's funny.

How she hasn't noticed after all this time how much she was tearing apart.

Ripping to pieces one by one.

Yet somehow.

She's still there.

"Melone... that dumbass. Had to get himself killed", Formaggio grimaced.

Ghiaccio had Pesci hang up so he could contact Risotto of what had just happened.

It was silence.