chapter 6 - have to cry

My world was caving in.

And I was stuck in its riptide.

I tried to gasp for air.

I had to outlive the pain,

But how could I if I knew the waves would keep crashing?

They would not stop until I finished learning my lesson.

I must learn how to swim.

Before I take on the tides.

And after all this time,

I thought I finally did.

Yet I still couldn't out-swim the ocean.

Y/N felt her heartbeat loud in her ears as he stared her down.

She couldn't gulp down the forming saliva that she almost choked on, terrified that even a single movement of her body would lead her to death.

Manzo had walked with heavy steps towards her, her body is frozen again.

His lean, tall, and muscular build had made her lose her confidence, not like she had any anyway. His broad shoulders were bigger than her head, and the more he came forward the more it seemed to become bigger.

He had a malicious smirk planted on his wide lips, his eyes filled with the desire to harm. Those eyes were staring into her soul for god's sake.

Manzo had obvious reasons for hurting Y/N, but there was something much more within his emotions, to the point that Minestra had rolled her eyes.

He had gone so close to her, that she had felt the coldness of the invisible wall touch the bare skin of her now naked arms. Sudden vibrations were felt that led to goosebumps, and she had just realized that right behind her was the gang.

They banged violently on the barrier, causing such a ruckus that echoed within this cube. She wanted to desperately turn her head and ask for help, but she truly knew she was alone this time. Their muffled shouts just caused her hands to become much colder than it already was.

Manzo's body had covered the sun from her sight, his shadow covering her head-to-toe. She didn't want to lift her head, so she decided to just lock her eyes at him.

She wanted to look away.

She does.

Manzo is 6'5, just the same height as Jotaro. He had that intense presence that could make a crowd kneel before him. Not out of devotion or amazement. But out of fear.

She felt her whole body just completely turn off for one second as Manzo's hand slammed on the wall inches away from her face.

Y/N felt her soul get sucked out of her body, draining every colour in her face until she felt as if she was a singular piece of paper that had just been shred to pieces.

Like a fragile glass that was dropped, she felt the core of her body go limp. The once sturdy pole had been struck and crumbled.

Those eyes.

Those goddamn eyes.

She hates them.

Her thoughts were shattered when she felt a vibration strike the back of her head. She swiftly turned to see from the corner of her eye Narancia's Aerosmith attempting to bomb the wall... or so She thought.