30 - Enemies and Gentlemen

Originally, the gang planned on waking Y/N up.

But she looked too exhausted, yet peaceful in her sleep that Bruno insisted that she stays with Giorno and Mista.

Fugo attempted that he stays back as well, but Bruno already concluded that it'd be too risky.

In the end, Y/N, Mista, and Giorno went separate ways from Bruno, going on the main road as the others took the other way.

"Giorno, there's no one tailing us so far"

"Yes, there's no one coming from the front, either. The city is still asleep. We're the only car on this road", Giorno replied.

The car went silent as soon as he said that.

"Man, I'm really curious about what happened on the train while we were sleeping", Mista cut off the obnoxious silence.

"I am too, but we have to respect Bucciarati's choice of keeping it to himself", Giorno glanced at the rearview mirror, seeing Y/N still fast asleep.

"Y/N. We all noticed that she came back acting oddly, right?", He quickly changed the subject.

"Yeah. Not only that but she kept a distance from Bucciarati for a while", Mista replied.

Giorno looked back at the road. "I can't help but say that I'm worried about her", his voice diminishes.

He couldn't prevent himself from worrying about her. He hasn't known her for long, or the rest of the gang, yet he seems to trust her more than the others.

'But why?', Giorno asked himself.

There wasn't a specific reason. It was just whenever he's near her, he just feels... warm.

The car became silent once again.

Not so silent when the car abruptly swayed.

Giorno attempted to keep balanced while he stirred the wheel.

The sudden movement caused Y/N wide awake.

"Ow!", Mista shouted after suddenly bashing his head on the window.

"What the hell was that?!" Mista cried out.

"I apologize. The tires just slipped a bit"

"On a straight road like this?!"

Y/N yawned, rubbing her eye.

Mista noticed the awake girl. "Oh, Y/N you're awake. You okay?"

"Uh-huh. Just startled", she groaned.

To their surprise, Y/N and the guys were sweating profusely.

"Hey, Giorno! Mind turning on the air conditioner? It's getting hot!", Mista suggested, fanning himself.

"What do you mean? It's already on"

Mista moved towards the air conditioner, only to feel hot air.

"Then turn down the temperature!"

Y/N proceeded to take off her trench coat, tying it around her waist.

That was when they heard a deafening screech.

Taking a quick look as to what was making such a noise, Y/N looked out the window.

Sparks were coming from the back left wheel. The tire was flattened as the insides travelled the concrete.

"Uh... Giorno. A wheel's been popped. It doesn't look too good!", She warned Giorno, who quickly took control.