007

Chapter 7

"Why exactly is this place your favorite?" I had asked confused, looking around the semi empty place. Only two other people were in here and one was basically sleeping. "I mean, there's that other Frozen Yogurt shop out there by the markets. More popular and everyone goes there."

"Not everyone," he corrected, pointing a finger to himself.

"Right." I nodded. "Most people."

Sky leaned forward, his eyes twitched and I don't know how but I knew he about to say something serious. Maybe the most serious thing he has said all this time. "Frosty was the very first frozen yogurt shop in town. People flooded here like mad and it was the absolute best. Until that new guy comes and opens another shop just as Jake divorces his wife and the bitch runs away with his money. Slowly it all starts going down until it's here now." He looked around the shop, a pained expression on his face. "This shop is fucking town history and they're too fucking blind to see it. And what about Jake, what happens when he finally loses everything? He's known the business all his life, taking this away from him is like telling him damn well to his face to shoot himself in the head. I'm not going to let that happen."

I didn't even know how to react, that was like the realest thing I've gotten out of him since we met and I didn't know which is more mesmerizing. "So even if it's just you coming here, you're cool with that."

"Yup," he had a beautiful determined look on his face. "We'll frosty and fosty together."

A giggle bubbled out of me and I cover my mouth, blushing in embarrassment. Sky looked at me and bursts out laughing but it wasn't an at me laugh, it was more of a for and with me laugh and I didn't know when I was laughing too.

--

"Israel, are you okay?" Ma asks and my eyes snap open, my lips leaving the form of a smile and going to a frown.

"Huh?"

Nessa waves her fork at me, "we finished praying and your eyes were still closed with a silly smile on."

I look around the table and know that she wasn't joking. We were praying when I zoned out, remembering a moment earlier today in the small fro-yo shop with Sky Hunt. My face and neck heat up and I dunk my head. "It's nothing."

"You sure?" Ma asks, "something on your mind?"

I shake my head too fast. "No, I'm alright."

I don't raise my head up until dinner is done and I'm back in my room, alone to my thoughts. I search through my laptop and transfer the saved picture of Sky to my phone. I don't know if he's really gay as rumors carry and I don't care because I'm not gay too. I had such a great time at the shop, I was a bit relunctant to part ways regretting why I didn't agree with him to drive in his car. That way we would have had more time together. Sky had told me "see you around" and I don't know if that's just a parting thing or if he is really going to see me around.

He says he finds me interesting when I'm the one completely intrigued by his person. Well if today showed anything, it is that I was right about Sky Hunt being more that just his smirks and goofy smiles.

-------

I didn't see Mal by my locker today and my text to him was still reading read without a reply. I was anxious from the very start of that day. I don't know what to do. This wasn't the first time we've fought, we always argue about our believes and some stupid decisions and some times it gets pretty heated but alas he's there by my locker in the morning and all is well again.

Students pile into the class and I make a decision to track him down after this class if he's no show. Imagine my surprise then when he bounces into the class and flops down on the seat beside, putting out a fist. "Hey man."