029

° love is not cruel
We're cruel.
Love is not a game.
We have made a game out of love. °

Chapter 29

I drive Nessa's old creaky bike to school today. It is such a hassle, I swear to drive my car tomorrow, I can't do bicycles, I'm too lazy for that. The good thing is the exercise wakes my brain up and even though I feel tired and I ache, I also feel super ready for classes.

"Israel, what the fuck?" I hear a familiar voice say and I bite my lip holding a groan in.

Not now Sky.

But of course he doesn't hear my thoughts and remains standing there. I slowly turn to him, wearing a frown. The face he has on is one I haven't seen before, at least not directed at me. His eyes are narrowed, lips set in a straight line and jaw set. His grey eyes looks a bit cloudy and honestly if I don't know him, I would have shrunk in fear but I do know him and he is angry at me... The nerve of him!.

"What?"

His mouth opens and closes and then he smiles humorously, a sick kind of smile that drops immediately after it comes. "What? Just what?" I shrug, playing nonchalant. "I looked everywhere for you yesterday, Israel. I called you, I texted... What happened? Why did you disappear to after the match?"

I turn to open my locker, "you shouldn't have looked for me."

"What's that supposed to mean? I was worried sick something might have happened to you. I even had to go to your house and when I didn't see your car, I fucking knocked."

He did? I glance at him, having not expected that. I think I heard Nessa say something about him but I wasn't paying any attention. Oh wow.

He runs his fingers through his hair, "it was your sister who answered, she didn't know where you were either. It later that she called saying you finally came back home. What happened? I was worried sick."

Now I feel guilty, biting my lip I scold myself for putting him through that but then what about what he put me through. I don't say anything and I silently swap my books. I can feel him boiling beside me.

"Israel, say something," Sky says, more like warns in a really low tone.

I bang my locker shut, "you weren't thinking of me when you were locking lips with Gina an- or penny."

His eyes remain but his lip purse in confusion. "Gina or..." Sky trails off and I see realization dawn on him as he recalls and understand. "Oh."

"Oh, alright," I push pass him, hitting shoulders together.

"Issy wait," he grabs my hand but I pull it off him even though I do stop to listen. I'm really curious. "It's not what you think."

Crossing my hands, I scowl, "I saw what I saw."

"Penny is Greece and quite dramatic and exaggerated and she kisses everyone in greeting, I swear," he says but I still don't look at him, the wheels in my head turning. "I agree she went a bit far with me, she kinda likes me-" I scoff at that and Sky grabs my elbow, making me look at him. "But I don't like her and I pulled away. But then she's my friend and she was like 'aw, no greeting kiss' " he imitates making my features relex with how well he nailed a female voice.

"And so I pecked her. It meant nothing, I swear, I don't like her like that."

I look at him, away from him and to the different students walking around in the hallway or standing and talking by their locker, then back at him— my leg shaking with nerves. "Really?"