021

° if you have a good heart, you'd always find a good home. °

Chapter 21

Sky's house looks so normal compared to everything I imagined. I was expecting a house fitting to his character; a bad boy's house. I don't know what exactly is a bad boy's house but it didn't think it'll be a normal home with a fence, lawn, flowers and all.

Maybe spiky chipped painted fence. Over grown lawn like ours (I was supposed to fix that) maybe, a door bending by it hinges and rooms that are cold and lacking that family warmth or something. But I'm met with the exactly opposite. The inside more baffling than the outside.

There's a wide flat screen television at the living room and two chairs; one extra long sofa and an arm chair with a bean bag. There's a glass coffee table at the middle with a ceramic panda bear on it. There are also pictures of Sky and his father. Sky and both his parents. One with his dad and a blonde woman and even one with Sky and a girl dark haired like him and I guess that's Charlotte. I don't ask any questions so as to not bring out any bad or sad feelings, he looks like he has had enough for one day.

I hang my jacket on the coat hanger, throughly impressed by the normal beautiful neat house. I follow Sky into what turns out to be the kitchen and from the looks of it, is as neat and shiny as the rest of the house. "Wow, Sky," I touch the granite counter. "Your house is awesome."

"Guess the picture my dad is trying to potray is working then," Sky says opening up the fridge.

"Picture?" I sit on one of the high stools present.

"Yeah," he leaves the fridge carrying a jug of juice. He waves his hand around, "the semi perfect family." Sky sighs at the confused look on my face. "My dad is convinced my mum left us because she didn't think he was man enough to take care of himself and survive. He also believes she might come back one day so he makes an effort to keep this place all prim and perfect so in case she does arrive she won't be able to smell our dysfunctional family from a mile."

"Oh."

"It's all bullshit though," he pours juice into two glasses. "Might be neat and all but it's all bullshit."

I wrap my hands around the glass he pushes to me, "do you think your mum would return?"

He shakes his head, "no but if I'm still here and she does come. I'll burn the house to the ground."

"Yeesh."

He gulps down the entire glass and smiles at me, "sorry, too harsh, right?"

I sip out the juice, "could be harsher."

"Could be," he ticks his tongue, making me look up at him. "You look beat, are you okay?"

"I should be asking you that," I say, deflecting. "Did you catch any wink of sleep last night? You're exhausted."

He shrugs, "I'm starving."

On cue, my stomach rumbles and I remember that I haven't eaten anything since last night's dinner. "Me too," I stand up, "do you have anything I could cook for us?"

"Yeah," he answers, his eyes suddenly glinting in excitement. "The house is stocked full, I can't remember the last time a proper meal was made here."