036

A/N: Hi, so since majority of the chapters are on Issy's pov, I decided to keep the book on just one pov. Any chapter with a different pov would be a bonus chapter. Okay, that's all now- enjoy.

---

Chapter 36

I have on a dark blue dress shirt and is deliberately matching with Darcy's flowing blue gown (everybody's else's choice but mine). Darcy does look really pretty, her hair was made in a princess style updo with little locks falling around her face. She had really light make-up on and her gown was strapless but of course she wore a coat over it. Doesn't stop her from looking pretty though, although I'd rather have Sky on my arm.

Sky is another thing entirely, we were all dressed up, Jamal and I in blue but he has a white dress shirt instead. He looks so good, I can barely take my eyes off him. His hair is the most styled I have ever seen and I honestly haven't seen a guy who looked better in a suit.

"Finally, you both are out," Jamal exclaims, raising his head up to the heavens. "I thought you'd..." He trails off and I see his wide eyes glued on Darcy. "Darcy Magdalene?"

"Jamal Cole, I swear if you--"

"Whoa, it's really you," he comes closer and pries her hand off me making her spin and blush. "Jesus, you look beautiful."

I roll my eyes, shifting my gaze from them to Sky who already has his eyes on me. I step closer to him and he surprises me by closing the space between us and throwing his arms around me. Time slows and I become achingly aware of how good he smells. My eyes shut and I hug him back.

With his lips on my ear, I barely register that he's whispering something (a song), while trying to ignore the tickle. "You're just too good to be true. Can't take my off of you..."

"Sky..." I giggle, trying to move out of his hold but he has me in place.

"You'd be like heaven to touch, I want to hold you so much. At long last love has arrived, I thank God that I'm alive..." I can tell he has a smile on and I finally peel off his embrace to see the grin directed at me while I giggle uncontrollable.

"Oh, please stop--"

"You're just too good to be true, can't take my eyes off of you," he finishes, smiling and holding my fingers. I don't look away and my heart beat feels the most regulated like it's found the answer to the question it's been asking. Sky doesn't look away too and his eyes flick from my lips back to my eyes.

The moment is broken when Darcy pulls my hand off his and I have to blink, remembering we're not alone. "We have to go now or we'll be late!"

Sky clears his throat, dipping his hands into his pockets. "Good evening Darcy."

"Evening Sky," she returns, eying him before we literally shove ourselves into the car. Jamal and Sky taking the front seats while both seat at the back. I feel like sulking and Jamal gives me an apologetic look. "Jamal, so you didn't have the guts to ask Diana to the dance?"

"Ew, Diana?" He turns back to give Darcy a look. "Why would I do that?"

She shrugs, "I figured you guys were close friends."

I laugh at that, "more like frenemies."

He clears his throat, "correction, there's no fre in that." He looks back at Darcy again and adds, "you're prettier and I'm frenemies with you."

Darcy scoffs, "and who told you there's any fre in this?"

"Aw Magdalene, don't deny you love me."