039

Chapter 39

"Thanks for the ride," I tell Lou, hands on the door ready to open it.

He winks at me, "anytime."

I can't help blushing before I get down the car, closing the door after me and waving at him. I watch his car reverse a bit and drive up, leaving a little sand at it's wake. It's a freaking BMW but of course I've known this, I just never thought I'd ever be inside it. The scent of his brown leather seats, cologne and something else follows me as I walk further into the beach. The further I go, the more the scent disappears and is replaced with that of the ocean.

I've never been to the beach this time of the year, it's so cold and I can't even dream of getting into the water. The cold waves splash against themselves, the wind blowing really hard and I pull my coat closer wondering what Sky's doing here and why he wants to meet here. My heart pounds and I just hope he isn't still mad at me, I just want things back to the way they were.

There's about just three people here, it's the emptiest I've ever seen these sands and it doesn't take me a long time to spot Sky. Well, the first thing I see is the odd red bench and his black hair blowing around with the wind. I swallow, clearing my throat and walking up to him.

Sky has an earphones on so he doesn't hear me approach him and I get the chance to stop by the bench and just look at him. He truly is beautiful with his glowing skin and pink lips. My eyes trace over his features; his brows, hooded eyes, straight small nose, lips, everything and I feel a certain ache in my heart.

I want him.

"We should take a picture," I hear him say and I blink, startling back to reality.

"W-what?"

He turns to me with a smile, taking out his earphones. "We don't have any pictures together."

I clear my throat again, walking into his view. "Not yet, but there's that dance ball picture."

"Oh," he shakes his head. "I almost forgot about that."

"Yeah..." I awkwardly stand there knowing I've poked at a bar memory.

"When do we get the picture?"

I shrug, "probably next year. I doubt anybody is interested in pictures now with exams and all coming up."

Sky nods, "still, no phone pictures of you and I."

I glance at the clashing waves, then back at him. "Want to take one now?"

Sky looks at me and I blink at him, trying to read his look. It's one of longing and...sadness? But then he smiles and it's so good I almost believe it's real. "Nah, probably for the best. I won't be able to look away from my phone."

"Hmm."

He pats the bench, "sit."

I touch the beautiful bench and I smile, "you finally brought it here."

"Yeah, my dad helped." His finger traced over it. "But it stands out oddly, aye?"

I nod, "a bit but it's beautiful. It's a nice change and many people would love it."

"I hope."

Silence settles upon us and he's back to watching the ocean and I'm back to watching him. My body works ahead of my brain and my hand reaches out to hold his. Sky slowly looks down at my hand on his and strangely, in this kind of weather, he's warm.

"I've missed you, Sky."

"Me too, Israel."

"Where did you disappear to? I've been trying to reach you."