008

A/N: so regarding the name change, Sky won. Anywhere you see Theo, please tell. x

New Edit: Guys, you'd notice that among the chapter list, there are new new ones; exclusive chapters also known as Story Branches. So after reading this part, if you want to see an alternative side to which this chapter could have gone, then you absolutely need to read the branched part.

Preview of the the Chapter 8 story branch: Israel agrees to go to the party, and sneaks out his house for the first time. How on earth does he and Mal pull it off?

Sky walks up to me and pats arm. It's like that's a hug replacement. "You came. I really thought you wouldn't anymore."

"And be seen as a wuss?" I shake my head. "No way. But we actually have Jamal to thank."

"Mm," he extends his hand out to me. I look at it and back at him and he nods towards his hand, then I smile, putting my hand in his, and he holds me, pulling me closer. "And I wouldn't see you as a wuss."

Please check out the story branch for more details. x

---

Chapter 8

Sky doesn't let go of my hand and I don't think much of it until we enter the cafeteria and I pull away. If he feels any way towards that, he doesn't show it and I quietly lead us to the table where Jamal is already sitting. Jamal perks up as he see me, then raises a brow when he sees Sky beside me.

"Israel, you fucker, I was worried sick about you," Jamal says and I wince a little at the cuss. He doesn't cuss much only when he's agitated or trying to drive a point home. "Where did you storm off too?"

Sky pulls out the chair I'm about to sit on and when I look back at him he ducks, walking away to another sit with red ears. I purse my lips confused as to whether he wanted to sit here or was pulling out a sit for me. I sit down ignoring Mal's curious look. "To the bathroom," I answer him taking my bag that was beside him and offering a nod of thanks.

"Hey," Mal and Sky shake hands before his attention to returns to me. "And were you giving birth to that invisible baby no one knows about in there?"

A throaty laugh escapes Sky and he stop himself when I snap my eyes to him, mumbling an apology.

"Shut up Mal," I snap at him and pull out my lunch out my bag. "It's not your business, what if I had a really bad number two?"

Jamal's face scrunched up in so much disgust, I share a look with Sky and we break into a laugh. I hardly laugh, the amount of times I laugh is almost equivalent to the amount of time I take coffee in a week - one mug every week and on special occasions, two maybe. Anymore than that and Ma would freak, she says too much coffee is bad for the brain, growth and teeth. I don't think that's true because she can't exactly back it up with science but that's what she says and stands by.

Plus too much coffee floods my anxiety, gives me this hyper feeling and generally just makes me uneasy - so in a way I guess I believe Ma's nonfactual theory.

Just this week knowing and hanging out with Sky, I've laughed so much already it's weirding my brain out and giving some airy feel in my stomach. I wonder if it's like coffees and when I take too much of it, it's affects me. What are the side effects of laughing so well then?

"Okay," Jamal says nodding to himself with a small smile. "I'm going to let this one slide."

"Thank you," Sky says, then tries peering into my lunchbox.

I push the box closer to him, "wants some? It's rice."

"It looks tasty and smells really good." Sky says already taking out a spoon.