013

Chapter 13

"I had a ukelele once." I tell Sky as he hands the guitarist some cash and walks back to me. "Yellow and tiny."

Sky smiles, "you took lessons?"

"Kinda."

"What's kinda?" He shakes his head. "Can you play or not?"

"Just the ukelele and I say kinda because I was only interested in I because Nessa was in guitar." I gesture towards the man. "She plays just as good as him and the violin too."

"I like her already," he was looking at the man, tapping his feet in excitement.

I couldn't help my smile seeing him. "What about you? Do you play?"

He shakes his head negatively. "I tried learning but it's just not for me. I like to think I can sing though."

"Oh really?"

He moves his waist side to side, "music excites me!"

I laugh just as the man (guitarist) calls out to him and they nod at each other. Sky pays attention and I do too as the man starts strumming, string after string, a Melody forming. It takes a minute but I recognize what he's singing as James Arthur's say you won't let go. A smile forms on my face and when I look at Sky, he winks at me before surprisingly clearing his throat and throwing his arms out.

"I had a dream, a song to sing..." He is singing a different song to a completely different tone.

"It's not it!" I say to him in embarrassment, looking at people around as they turned to look at him. "That's a different song!"

"You can tell the future... Even if you dare... I believe in angels!" He wasn't stopping, instead increasing his voice. I bit my lip, cringing to the moon and back. Worst is that he lied about knowing how to sing. I won't say his voice was the worst but Jesus — it was terrible.

"Something good in everything I see... I cross the sea..." He was dancing now and despite the embarrassment of singing the wrong song so out loud and his horrid voice, I couldn't help the laughter threatening to explode out of me. I was literally fighting to hold it in and losing.

Sky does some Michael Jackson move and I lose it, bursting out in painful laughter. Sky joins in and it's then I notice other people around us were laughing purely too and even if it was mockingly, Sky didn't look like he gave two cents. He winks at me again as the song ends and applause fills the air. The guitarist gives him back his money but he doesn't take it and then we walk away. Heading back to school.

"You're completely insane," I picked at my hair, "that was super crazy!"

"And fun? Right?"

I nod, "somehow."

"We should do that again. Let go and just live." He spins and I just look at him, his happiness making me feel happy too.

"I can't do that on my own. I'm not that bold." I confess.

"Why not?" Sky places a hand on me. "You're an amazing person. Handsome and super in every way."

"Handsome?" My hands slap over my face as if a reflex action and I embarrassingly drag them back down, pressing my lips down tight so I don't speak.

"What?" Sky jumps to my front to stop me from walking any further. "You don't believe me?"

I shake my head, still closing lips shut and try to walk past him.

"What? What?" He jumps around blocking my path. "Speak Israel."

"I don't know what to say," I force out, avoiding his eyes.